New Roccat Kone doesn't feel good, wrong driver?

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
I've got a new Roccat Kone Pure and it feels worse than my Genius X Scroll.

I downloaded the driver for Roccat Kone Pure but there was Roccat Kone Pure colour as well. Have I chose the right one?

A gaming mouse guide say's to set the dpi at 1200 for a 1080p monitor. At that dpi I can barely move the pointer. How can that be when my Genius X Scroll is like 400 dpi? and moves around faster than Roccat Kone Pure at 1200 dpi?

In Device Manager mouse and pointing devices there's HID-Compliant Mouse

Shouldn't Roccat Kone be showing here? Have I installed the wrong driver?

Please help, this sucks!

-HH-

Dignified

So I had a Roccat Kave XTD and in all honesty the drivers were my big turn off.
Your correct drivers are linked here: http://www.roccat.org/en/Products/Gaming-Mice/Kone-Pure-Series/Kone-Pure/

there's alot of different settings and should be a speed setting somewhere as well as anything else.

Personally at 1080P I used 2400DPI and found anything below laggy and slow, might be worth a try!

Dpi is dependent on your personal feel, you either use 800p 1600p or equivalent intervals for the most "real" results or you will be use to a personalized setting in which you would then customize it to say 1200dpi ect.

Do not follow guides as if they were set in stone, some people I know play on 1800dpi others 3600dpi others on 600dpi or even less. This is all irrelevant since it's up to the user and their comfort zone/ personal preference.

I'd suggest uninstalling all your mouse software then restart the pc. Unplug the device if you do not have a profile you need to select to log in with. Once you are in the Desktop view plug it in and let the autorun detect the device and install the necessary drivers for the mouse ( these are just flash drivers you will still need the proper ROCCAT drivers from the website)

Now once that is done you should be able to move the mouse. Download the ROCCAT drivers ( the latest ones), after that is done then you open that software and tweak the mouse settings i.e DPI, acceleration ( if you are into that sort of thing, I steer clear of it and wouldn't recommend it)

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
I'll look into these things. Turns out I've got the right drivers. I've changed some settings to make things more comfortable but I'm not having any joy gaming. The problem is when I lift the mouse I jump around (probably hard to envisage) but to help to describe it I get the same symptom on the desktop, when I lift the mouse the cursor jumps around. Is this normal?

HH what do you use now? To be honest I've never used a exspensive gaming mouse as so far I not so sure.

Lourens what exactly do you steer clear of?

-HH-

Dignified

The KAVE was a headset but as per mouse I use a Corsair Sabre Laser. The software works great :)

The Sabre is a powerful little thing and insanely light (it's great), The sabre has the Corsair RGB effects as such in their cherry MX K RGB series.

The Roccat drivers are more simplistic but I've often noticed they are really buggy. For example to get them to open upon start up I had to end Kave.exe processes. This may be the same for you! and cause issues for you.

-HH-

Dignified

The Bungee cord just helps the movement of a mouse and provides to usb charging points (if you get Rocatt's).

Doesn't do too much otherwise.

AS a rule of thumb you shouldn't have to lift your mouse with high dpi, that is more a lower dpi thing because you drag your mouse so far across the surface you use for the mouse and have to pick it up and move it back to move it further.

Also make sure your in game mouse sensitivity settings are configuired it doesn't always just help that you configuired the mouse software but 9/10 that will do the trick if you leave the game settings on default. However if you did fiddle with those then it might be safe to assume that's where some of the problems come in.