New Router Best Settings and Advice please!

Lritchie

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Hi Guys!

Purchased a ASUS RT66U AC Router and was wanting to know how I ensure my Xbox and Gaming rig is getting the fastest connection?

I am planning to connect the router via cable to Xbox and Rig, within the Router setting is there any settings that ensure fastest and most reliable connection?

Also in regards to AC and wireless networking how do I insure that my phone, laptop are again getting the strong signals! Is there any channels you would recommmend?

The Router is placed very close to where I will be using my AC compatible devices?

Cheers for any advice

L

Solution
I would just let it run by default and see if the router is smart enough to pick the correct channels.

Since you are running ethernet to the devices that you need the best connection for you already have done pretty much everything you can to get them the best connection.

The radio setting will not have much impact it would be more if you were to overload your internet connection using the laptop. That though is not a issue you can really solve with a router.
I would just let it run by default and see if the router is smart enough to pick the correct channels.

Since you are running ethernet to the devices that you need the best connection for you already have done pretty much everything you can to get them the best connection.

The radio setting will not have much impact it would be more if you were to overload your internet connection using the laptop. That though is not a issue you can really solve with a router.

Solution