Question New router for new gig service?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Looking to move up to gig service and trying to figure out what hardware I might need to update to use it. I currently have an ac1200 from tp-link and it says 867mbps on 5ghz and 300mbps on the 2.4ghz.

Thinking of watching for something like a tp-link ax11000 that says it can use faster speeds.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Looking to move up to gig service and trying to figure out what hardware I might need to update to use it. I currently have an ac1200 from tp-link and it says 867mbps on 5ghz and 300mbps on the 2.4ghz.

Thinking of watching for something like a tp-link ax11000 that says it can use faster speeds.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
You might get better performance, but with WIFI, there is no guarantee. To take advantage of high speed WAN, use wired connectivity.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
My house isn't wired for ethernet. I've run some cables to each floor myself, but can't get to all of the rooms. Still trying to figure out how to get a hardline to one bedroom. I currently have ap's set up on two floors and the router on the third floor.

Reading more and more that 500mbps is more likely what I need and that there really isn't a need for gig internet for a typical household anyway I guess.

TRENDING THREADS