[SOLVED] New Router?Not Getting Paid For Speeds

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
I currently pay for 100mbps but I am only getting 10-20 for download,I contacted my isp and they ran a couple of tests and told me my modem was defective but after telling them that my modem was not capping my speeds,they told me that my router was the issue considering that when I am connected via Ethernet I get 80-90 mbps so it was just the wireless of the router.What kind of router do you guys recommend for me to buy?

Wireless only.
That is a completely different story. Your router is a relatively old design, and, like many Netgear units, does not have external antennas, which will limit range. I also have had less than stellar reliability with them, so after my third I went to TP-link and couldn't be happier.

Mesh is good if you have
  1. a large space and
  2. money to spend on multiple devices

I know it is the "in" thing right now, but if those two aren't met with your current devices/layout, I would get a nice AC router and call it a day.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
That is a completely different story. Your router is a relatively old design, and, like many Netgear units, does not have external antennas, which will limit range. I also have had less than stellar reliability with them, so after my third I went to TP-link and couldn't be happier.

Mesh is good if you have
  1. a large space and
  2. money to spend on multiple devices
I know it is the "in" thing right now, but if those two aren't met with your current devices/layout, I would get a nice AC router and call it a day.
Well I currently do have the money to make the investment.