Question New Router + WiFi switch connections not working

mohamedbhimji

Honorable
Dec 31, 2014
Hi,

So I bought a new ASUS router (upgraded from the Dark Knight) and the router works great however my WiFi switches refuse to connect to the new router.

I set-up the new router identical to the old router - so same SSID and PASSWORD but the switches will not connect.

I am assuming that this is because of the MAC address (or something else) being different.

The WiFi LIGHT switches that I have are a combination of Wemo, Kasa and Geeni (WIFi LIGHT bulbs).

I'm not sure what to do, so for now I've simply gone back to the old router.

Ideas on how to resolve this???

Thanks!

Last edited:

mohamedbhimji

Honorable
Dec 31, 2014
OK - Clarified what I mean.

I have WiFi Light Switches - that control the lights in the house. I have WiFi Light Bulbs that I can control through an APP on my Android phone.

I've followed the directions for each WiFi light but it just doesn't seem to work.

mohamedbhimji

Honorable
Dec 31, 2014
Some how the devices must learn the SSID and password you want them to use. You either manually configure them or you use a function like WPS. The other issue maybe if they used fixed ip addresses and that is causing a problem now.

I'm using the same SSID and password - but I wonder if somehow they are using the fixed IP address or something else... will do more digging into this; hopefully can figure out what the issue is.

mohamedbhimji

Honorable
Dec 31, 2014
Well after about a week or so of trying, it just would not work and I cannot figure out why. I eventually will, but what I ended up doing is use the new Asus RT-AC3200 as the primary and set the old ASUS (where all the WiFi light switches and every other device connects to) as an access point and that works. So while I have to run the old router, at least I can access every WiFi light switch and other device.