Question New RTX 2080 Crashes / 3DMark Graphs

dj123_44

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Hi, just wondering if anyone coudl help me identify if my GPU Is faulty, or if it's another component in my PC possibly?

How do I know if the card is faulty or if it's another component holding me back?

I recently got a Zotac Blower RTX 2080 card. When I'm on multiple displays and generally using the PC, we're good. Nominal temps etc. Then I can run games no problem at 4k with solid 60 FPS. No stuttering/jittering. Eventually it sort of freezes the Whole PC, refreshes the displays a few times, and tells me the graphics driver has crashed.

Also when performing a fire strike stress test on 3DMark, after like 15 minutes, it completely crashes my displays with blue/green ish pixels on the screens, look like space invaders, and my charts show the temp/usage spiking to above 100c etc momentarily, for like a millisecond, then back down to normal 70/75. It's just weird that these spikes don't cause the crash immediately.

I bought this GPU new, and i am always skeptical about this stuff, and with where i work, I have a 2 week period to fully refund and get another one, but not sure I want to immediately blame the card.

dj123_44

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
501671ff24.png

0bdb224bab.png