Question New rtx 3060 doesn't work

Jul 14, 2023
specs:
i7-9700k
32gb corsair vengeance
550w power supply
msi z390 motherboard
old graphics card was a rtx 2060 now upgrading to a rtx 3060

i've installed 2 graphics cards myself before without any issue but this time it appears that this is not the case, this time no image was displayed on my screen, and so after taking it out and putting it back into the motherboard multiple times i am yet to have solved this issue. My top two guesses at what this can be is if it is seated on the motherboard correctly even though i am sure i have pushed it in as far is it can go or an issue with not enough power being supplied to it. The issue i came across is that when using integrated graphics to enter bios it seems although the pcie slot is empty which leads me to the theories above. If anybody has any ideas please let me know as i am currently considering sending it back as faulty. Computer turns on just fine but no output from the gpu. Thanks.

Jul 14, 2023
specs:
i7-9700k
32gb corsair vengeance
550w power supply
msi z390 motherboard
old graphics card was a rtx 2060 now upgrading to a rtx 3060

i've installed 2 graphics cards myself before without any issue but this time it appears that this is not the case, this time no image was displayed on my screen, and so after taking it out and putting it back into the motherboard multiple times i am yet to have solved this issue. My top two guesses at what this can be is if it is seated on the motherboard correctly even though i am sure i have pushed it in as far is it can go or an issue with not enough power being supplied to it. The issue i came across is that when using integrated graphics to enter bios it seems although the pcie slot is empty which leads me to the theories above. If anybody has any ideas please let me know as i am currently considering sending it back as faulty. Computer turns on just fine but no output from the gpu. Thanks.
guys just tried putting the 3060 into my other computer which uses a rtx 3070ti and 750w, can confirm that it still doesnt work and that the fans do not spin, am i being gullible or is this a faulty card?