Question New RTX 3060 Ti does not send signal to monitors.

Nov 18, 2022
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth z77
CPU: Intel i7 3770k
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 Ti (Not working), but also have a working GTX 970 (not installed at the same time, obviously).
RAM: 16 GB
PSU: Corsair RM750

So the specifics of my problem are as follows: When the 3060 Ti is plugged into the first PCIe slot, the fans turn on, but neither the Display Ports or HDMI port send any signals to the monitors, meaning I cannot even see the bios. These monitors and their cables are working, as I have been swapping out the 3060 Ti with an old 970 to try solutions others have found to my problem. To further complicate things, this is on a computer that has a fresh install of Windows 10, and while I have done my best to make sure I have the appropriate drivers installed, I cannot guarantee that I have caught them all. Geforce Experience tells me I have the most up to date drivers (at least when I have the 970 installed). The first fix I attempted was to update my bios, since it was indeed out of date, which consequently added the capability of using PCIe 3.0. I manually switched both of the PCIe slots to run on 3.0, yet nothing has changed. I tried a new 8 pin PSU cable, no change. Windows Update says I have all of the most recent drivers, and I went so far as to install the optional drivers as well, no change. I also got an update for Display Port drivers for Nvidia cards, no change. The only headway I have made was when I set the integrated GPU to run along side the dedicated GPU, and then plugged the Display Port into the 3060 and the HDMI into the iGPU, I could get the bios to show on the monitor plugged into the iGPU, and then boot to windows, but 5-10 seconds after loading into a user account, I get a blue screen of death. This leads me to believe that it's something wrong with the graphics drivers or something related to the Nvidia software that loads shortly after startup. I don't really have the budget to go out and purchase a new MOBO, CPU, and RAM, which I feel are likely the problem, since they are nearing a decade old. I've been swapping the 970 and 3060 in and out as I attempt these fixes, but I haven't tested the 3060 in any other computer yet to confirm whether or not the GPU is faulty. I'll test on another working system later tomorrow.

Nov 18, 2022
Is your psu ten years old?
Honestly, I couldn't say for certain, but it probably is. Would an insufficient power supply also lead to the BSOD I was encountering shortly after loading into a Windows user account when running the iGPU on one monitor and the 3060 on the other? The fans on the 3060 are also spinning, so it is at least getting some power.

Nov 18, 2022
Nope. If that was true then your 3060 should work in BIOS just fine, which it does not. More then likely it is faulty GPU.
Well, I have the opportunity later today to test the 3060 in a working system that has a 3080 in it, so I will confirm or eliminate that possibility at that time.

Reactions: DRagor
Nov 18, 2022
What is the wattage output of your psu?
I'm not too sure, and I don't know of a way to test it without purchasing any hardware I currently do not own. I have a friend who is willing to lend me a like-new PSU to install and test in my PC. If that solves the problem, then I'll use it until I can get a new one of my own. If it doesn't solve the problem, then either way I'll reply back here sometime later Nov 21st with the results.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Nov 18, 2022
I have installed the new PSU, and the problem still persists. The 3060 Ti has running fans, yet neither of the screens get a signal from the card. I put in the old graphics card, and it boots up just fine. The PSU is a Corsair SF750.