[SOLVED] New RTX 3070 works but can’t run benchmarks?

Notime4games

Prominent
Aug 15, 2020
Hi, have a strange issue. I upgraded from an RTX 2060 to an ASUS RTX 3070 Dual OC. Installed the latest drivers from Nvidia (they are the correct ones) and all seems to be working fine. Tried a couple games and they worked well. Ran windows update and have latest of everything.

However, I tried running a few ray tracing benchmarks (eg Bright Memory Rat Tracing test in steam and others), and none run. When I click run / lunch on the tests absolutely nothing happens.

any ideas of what might be the issue?

Hi, have a strange issue. I upgraded from an RTX 2060 to an ASUS RTX 3070 Dual OC. Installed the latest drivers from Nvidia (they are the correct ones) and all seems to be working fine. Tried a couple games and they worked well. Ran windows update and have latest of everything.

However, I tried running a few ray tracing benchmarks (eg Bright Memory Rat Tracing test in steam and others), and none run. When I click run / lunch on the tests absolutely nothing happens.

any ideas of what might be the issue?
Where did you get the card is is a legit 30xx series or a knock off? Stability issues did you make sure to run ddu before installing a new GPU?

Notime4games

Prominent
Aug 15, 2020
It’s not that the benchmark starts and fails, it literally doesn’t open. If I am in Steam and click launch on the benchmark, absolutely nothing happens. I think it opens a Cisco webex app in the background instead of starting the benchmark or something random

I ran all of those lines in CMD, DDU'd the drivers, reinstalled, and seems to be working better now. Can now run tests and seems OK fortunately.

Some results:

• Port Royal: 8,113
  • Bright Memory Ray Tracing Test: 1440- highest ray tracing settings, balanced DLSS: 63fps
  • 3D Mark Time Spy: 13,587
So your able to use the card as intended now? Bench marks games and all? Your just not seeing a preformance increase between your two cards in the end?

TRENDING THREADS