Question New RTX 3080: No video output after thourough troubleshooting?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm only thing left really is retrying it in his system. Take your comp there as well and both of you work on it, fresh eyes.

Check both pcie plugs if modular are connected at the psu end. Pcie slot provides some power, enough to light things up and spin fans, yeah just check the psu end.

analogboy

Prominent
May 6, 2019
So I tried my girlfriend's 970 and the damn thing worked! At this point I was worried it was the card, but I reinstalled it, this time changing there the 2 8 pin connectors plug into the PSU and it freakin worked!...for a bit. Once I was in windows and installed the drivers, I abruptly restarted to a black screen again. I tried again and got to the point where I tried a couple games, and got a score of 16000 in time spy...only to crash/restart to a black screen. So at this point I think it's the power supply. Before I got the card I had read reports of this PSU crashing with 3080's and was concerned...and obviously for the right reasons. At this point I am gonna go buy a PSU locally and see if that solves my issues. If it does, then I guess I'll have to eat the loss, or RMA my current one and resell it. Either way this is all very annoying, but I am glad it isn't the card.