New rx 550 4gb crashing to fuzzy screen!

Jun 24, 2018
Hello everybody! I just built my brother a new pc
Specs:
Xfx rx 550 4gb
6gb 800mhz ram (2x2gb gskill, 2x1gb xms2)
Intel core 2 quad q9560 (I think, it's a 3.0ghz quad core for lga 775)
A corsair 520 watt psu (blanking on name)
And his motherboard is an nvidia 680i
So here is the issue, when opening any game there is a solid chance that it will crash to a rainbow fuzzy screen (but mainly purple tinted) reminiscent of tv static, then the pc crashes as if a bsod only no bsod and then restarts and then once in windows it tells you it didn't shut down right or whatever and blames it on "bluescreen" only there is no blue screen. Haven't found a fix, really sad about it tbh, any help is appreciated!

Jun 24, 2018

I hope you get this, my phone is being weird, but prior to the rx 550 there was always an hd 5770 and it ran fine besides the lag that is

Jun 24, 2018

Hey! So what I did was take out two of my ram sticks and then it worked! Bought new ram and only use 2 of the ram slots and now it works. Not sure if it was my ram or ram slot itself but it works now! Hope that helps you fellow pc builder!

Jun 24, 2018

I had the same deal! My old gpu was fine! Albeit dated, but never crashed. If you feel like giving it a try I recommended but our problems may have different roots! I wish you luck my friend!

Jun 24, 2018
Try taking one of those out and re trying and if it still doesn't work then try only the one that you took out, you may also vary which slots you try. I hope this helps. I didn't even have people trying really when I resolved this issue in my case