New RX 570 just freezing

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
So I just got myself a new RX 570, to replace my old R9 270X, and it seems like everything that can go wrong is going wrong. So I put it in my PC, boot, install the drivers, then I get a BSOD. I can't catch the specifics because it goes by pretty fast. Since then, every other time I try and boot, it gets into Windows for about 5 seconds, freezes, and just restarts. I can boot into safe mode, but when I try and install drivers there, it says that it can't install them due to them not being digitally signed as seen here.

Following what I see on that, and some googling, I found that they way to disable Driver Signature Enforcement on my Asus UEFI BIOS is to turn off secure boot, which I do. However, I still get the same result, and I'm all out of ideas.

Specs are Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mobo
i5 6600
Gigabyte AORUS RX 570 replacing a Sapphire R9 270X
16GB Corsair RAM
EVGA 650 GQ
Win7

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Actually, an out of date BIOS could be the answer. I don't recall ever updating it, and I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Is it just as simple as downloading and running an exe?

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Right so I've looked into bios updating and it just fucking confuses me. All the tutorials I've seen talk about image files, but the asus website doesn't give me image files, it gives me an ME update tool which doesn't run.

halp

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
So here's an update. I used ezflash from my bios through the web rather than usb, and it worked in updating my bios from a 2015 one to a 2016 one
I now understand the process of flashing image files but Asus doesn't give me them so I don't know what to do with that

dmr999

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Ok, definitive bios update. I've flashed it to either the newest or the 2nd newest. But it's dated long after the card was released. However, the freezing still happens

TRENDING THREADS