Question new rx 6600 running poorly

rize_remaker

Reputable
Dec 31, 2018
I have recently bought a new rx 6600 and on every game it has run very bad fps and stuttering what seems every other second. My drivers are up to date, im just not sure what the issue is

Specs
Cpu- Intel I5-9600kf
GPU-RX 6600
RAM-24 gb

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Your Ram i think 24 gb is not dual channel and 24gb as a whole is a unbalanced one, the bigger one will be run with compatible to the lowest one, if all the 3 rams are the same then we have to check others.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
1 It might be driver conflict or bugs you might need a clean installation,
2 check bios
3 your power supply might be from a good brand, is it group regulated one? I have a psu which is a bronze 80+ and it's near to group regulated one. That might be a issue
4 your gpu might be throttling down, check the load

Your Ram i think 24 gb is not dual channel and 24gb as a whole is a unbalanced one, the bigger one will be run with compatible to the lowest one, if all the 3 rams are the same then we have to check others.
You can have 24GB in 2 or 4 modules and still have dual channel. You can even have 3 modules in dual channel using 2 modules in one channel and a single in the other channel.

@rize_remaker
Can you post the complete specs of your system? Motherboard, Ram, PSU, SSD or HDD for OS.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
You can have 24GB in 2 or 4 modules and still have dual channel. You can even have 3 modules in dual channel using 2 modules in one channel and a single in the other channel.

@rize_remaker
Can you post the complete specs of your system? Motherboard, Ram, PSU, SSD or HDD for OS.
In

@rize_remaker
Agreed that you are talking about the flex ram in Intel, where it works part dual and part single, but we never know till we know the entire spec from him.