[SOLVED] New RX580 crashes pc

themourqsreks

Proper
Jan 5, 2019
I was sitting on my computer last night, had someone build it for me since im an amateur, when it suddenly shut down out of nowhere and wouldn't turn back on, making a sharp sound, like the PSU voltage dropped each time I pressed the power button. Tried to wait an hour, in case the CPU temperature has risen, but it didn't work. Went to the service next day, and the computer would be completely functional each time we tried turning it on with a different graphics card, so we figured out there is a problem with the card, and not with the PSU. Any ideas or reccomendations on what to do? Is it something I can fix personally? Specs:

PSU: corsair TX550 gold+
GPU: XFX RADEON RX580 8GB
CPU: RYZEN 5 3600x
MB:Aorus B450 pro
RAM: gskills 3.2ghz 2x8 gb

Solution
i just solved a issue with my new 580 thinking it was lack of power but turned out it was a case fan. currently have it running on a 10 year old 500w antec green earthwatts. if you dont have water pumps and lights and other crazy stuff going your psu should be more than adequate. are any of your fans basic case fans with molex adapters lol. that was my issue

Lutfij

Titan
Just to rule out a faulty PSU, what GPU's have you tried while at the service center? You will also need to borrow a PSU from a friend or a neighbor that has at least 650W of power for the entire system made by a reputable brand, like the Corsair unit you have, to see if your unit is the one that's failing.

themourqsreks

Proper
Jan 5, 2019
Just to rule out a faulty PSU, what GPU's have you tried while at the service center? You will also need to borrow a PSU from a friend or a neighbor that has at least 650W of power for the entire system made by a reputable brand, like the Corsair unit you have, to see if your unit is the one that's failing.
Guy tried putting on a GTX1060, even replacing the PSU with an identical, but still the results remained the same

ar28

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
i just solved a issue with my new 580 thinking it was lack of power but turned out it was a case fan. currently have it running on a 10 year old 500w antec green earthwatts. if you dont have water pumps and lights and other crazy stuff going your psu should be more than adequate. are any of your fans basic case fans with molex adapters lol. that was my issue

Solution

ar28

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
If a case fan or two stopped your PSU from making enough power for your GPU, I'd replace it immediately! I wouldn't just unplug a fan and call it a day.
it wasnt keeping it from "making enough power". it was a basic case fan that only had a molex connection screwing something up that made 2 different psus crash under load.