New RX580 Nitro+ continuous black screen in games.. help

derscharfschutze69

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Hello. I just bought a saphire rx580 nitro+ and I think I am running into a couple of problems or just noob mistakes at this point. I keep getting a black screen and a "no signal" in every game I try to play. Its not even a question of the game itself, I got crashed out of LoL. I read on some forums that I should have deleted older drivers in safe mode, ( I deleted them but not in Safe Mode). I tried that, I tried deleting every driver and start over but the problem persists.
My specs:
I5 7600 3.5ghz
saphire rx580 nitro+
one ram stick 8gb ddr4 2400mhz patriot signature line
my motherboard is a H270M
my PSU is a Inter Tech Combat Power 650w
So now I turn to you guys, any ideas ? I am thinking of just reinstalling windows as I got an SSD aswell and I want to test it out. Thanks for the help

derscharfschutze69

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Yea I know but I am not really able to get anything very expensive. Is it from the PSU ?
If it is from the PSU then do you know any reasonably cheap good ones ?

derscharfschutze69

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

No. I have tried a few things. First I thought it was because of my PSU. I went to my local PC service/shop and left it there for a week. Got it back anddd they did nothing to it,just added an optional power cable 6pins and put some thermal paste on the cpu. The guys told me that the cooling was not sufficient but the PSU was ok. So I said ok, I will buy 2 more fans. Bought them,installed them today... nothing.
I am beginning to question if its from the GPU because I have tested the temperature and nothing sticks out,62 63 degrees Celsius.
I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I will clean out the airfilters tommorow and try to improve the cooling but I am getting really pissed off that I had to wait 3 weeks to get my GPU and my old 1050 could at least play every game..

derscharfschutze69

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

The guys at my local pc shop installed it.. said the gpu was not powered corectly while the 6pin is optional...... but they are idiots imo. Charged me around 30 dollars for some thermal paste and a furmark test.
I am pretty sure its from the adaptor. I am gonna go dvi and see how that works out.
Thanks for all the help and I downvoted your question by mistake and I can't change it,soo sorry about that.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
From a Tweaktown review:

Right now, the SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ is a mish-mash Frankenstein graphics card, with parts Polaris, a larger and questionably better cooler over the RX 480 - which is not only higher, but requires 6+8-pin PCIe power connectors. Why the hell does this card need another 6-pin power connector when its predecessor required a single 8-pin PCIe power connector, and we're only seeing barely 10% performance increases across the board.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8142/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-nitro-review/index.html

The PSU should also be replaced , it's very poor quality and could also be part of the issue.

derscharfschutze69

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Status Update for anyone who might have the same problem: I fixed it. I have noticed that my monitor was allowing DVI D so I got a DVI D dual link with a hdmi for the gpu (which also supports dvi d but I did not find a double dvi d cable) anyway I replaced my old VGA cable and the hdmi adaptor with this cable and it works fine. No more black screens mid gaming.
So I recommend trying to switch to digital as analog is quite janky,at least for amd gpu's. I had no problems on my 1050. If anyone reads this and thinks of trying this out, just remember to buy or ask for dvi d as this is the digital version. Document yourself on that I do not want to type that much in here.
So yea.. thx for all the help and have a nice day!