Question New Ryzen 2600x build, Gpu in 2nd slot, Games crash after 30-60 min.

tomahawkwind

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Hello everyone,
We have a new build with the following components:
Ryzen 2600X
Asus Strix 450F Mobo
Msi Armor 1080
G-skil Aegis RAM, 3000mhz
We could not fit the GPU into the first PCI- x slot, parts of the mobo were blocking it, so it runs in the second slot.
Games crash to desktop after 30 min, if graphics settings are lower it works a bit longer.
The built-in Windows 10 memory test did not find any memory errors.Ram speed was set manually
Temps seem normal, though Gpu fan does not seem to speed up very much under load.
What can be the problem?
Thank you for your help in advance!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What is the make/model of your PSU?

What are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

What are you overclocking (CPU, GPU, memory)?

If you set the memory speed to auto (in the BIOS), does the system perform more reliably?

tomahawkwind

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
I was suspecting a PSU error, so we bought a new one, namely the Seasonic S212 520W

No manual overclocking was applied to any of the components, besides the automatic boost of the gpu.

I am Gonna check the temps, but from what i recall they seemed fine, gpu under load: < 80, cpu under 70 Celsius...will double check though

Ram timings are different from factory settings...

Going to set memory speed to auto, will let you know if it works.

Thank you!

WildCard999

Titan
Memory should be set to DOCP Standard in the BIOS, this will set the speed/timings/voltage correctly to the memory specs.

What is obstructing the GPU from being in the first PCIE slot? Everything in that general area is shorter then the PCIE slot including the SATA connections.

What is your current PSU?

tomahawkwind

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
The plastic cover module right next to the first pci-x slot seems to be blocking it.We removed all of the case covers and it did not fit anyhow.

Does not matter because as far as i am concerned the second slot is only marginally slower.

PSU is Seasonic S212 520W.

It appears that setting the memory to auto have fixed the issue.

Thank you for your contribution though :)

Cheers