[SOLVED] New ryzen 3 2200g build doesn't send a video output...

Dec 8, 2019
I'm very new to pc building and I have recently bought a couple of pc parts during black friday. Today, my parts arrived, and I was very excited to put my pc together. I decided to test it outside of the case before hand, but it wouldn't send a video output. I've tried booting up wjth one ram stick, with a video card, ive also tried removing the cmos battery, but nothing is working. please help me fix this issue.

Cpu: ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: Asrock b450m hdv
Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8gb 3000mhz cl15
GPU: xfx rx580 8gb
Psu: Thermaltake smart rgb pro 600w 80+
Storage: 2tb seagate barracuda hdd + 256gb wd green ssd
case: Thermaltake h17 matx

Solution
motherboard may needs Bios Updated

CPU Support List - ASRock B450M-HDV
The motherboard does not need a BIOS update as the 2200G processor is natively supported.

I'm very new to pc building and I have recently bought a couple of pc parts during black friday. Today, my parts arrived, and I was very excited to put my pc together. I decided to test it outside of the case before hand, but it wouldn't send a video output. I've tried booting up wjth one ram stick, with a video card, ive also tried removing the cmos battery, but nothing is working. please help me fix this issue.

Psu: Thermaltake smart rgb pro...

Wolfshadw

Titan
motherboard may needs Bios Updated

CPU Support List - ASRock B450M-HDV
The motherboard does not need a BIOS update as the 2200G processor is natively supported.

Psu: Thermaltake smart rgb pro 600w 80+
Storage: 2tb seagate barracuda hdd + 256gb wd green ssd
case: Thermaltake h17 matx

In many cases, the on-board graphics are disabled if a discrete graphics card is detected. Are you connecting your display to the graphics card (RX 580) output or the motherboard graphics output? It should be connected to the graphics card.

If the intent is to use both, there may be an option in the motherboard BIOS in which you can enable the on-board graphics while a discrete graphics card is installed, but this should not be needed.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Dec 8, 2019
ive tried plugging my cable into the graphics card as well. Nevermind, though, because i managed to boot up by clearing the cmos, removing all the parts, reinstalling them, and turning the pc on. Thank you all for the help, though.

Reactions: oldcracc
Dec 8, 2019
ive tried plugging my cable into the graphics card as well. Nevermind, though, because i managed to boot up by clearing the cmos, removing all the parts, reinstalling them, and turning the pc on. Thank you all for the help, though.
im not sure why it worked after clearing the cmos for the second time, but it did

Dec 8, 2019
I'm sorry for replying to an old thread of mine, but randomly, my pc stopped displaying output again. It was working just fine a couple of days ago, but today, it didn't show anything

Dec 8, 2019
Try to remove the RX 580 and plug into the motherboard. Do you get a signal? May try to reset the bios again as you did prior.
i have tried that, but it didnt work. One thing i might need to add is that ive got 2 led fans plugged into pwm headers in my motherboard. Once i turn the pc on, they spin just fine and the lights are very bright. However, after a couple of seconds, they start spinning significantly slower and the lights are dim. I tested them by plugging them into a molex cable in my power supply (they support 3 pin and molex) and the fans were spinning at the same speed without slowing down suddenly and the lights continued with their strong lighting. I suspect the problem might be with the motherboard, but it doesnt allow returns or even come with waranty. Should i buy another one?