[SOLVED] New Ryzen 3700x high temps

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
Hello! Recently built a new pc and my cpu temps are seeming a bit.... high?. I use an nzxt h500i case. And inside I have the top and rear exhaust, and I have a front radiator mounted with fans also exhausting which is an AIO for my Ryzen 3700x. Idle temps I’m around 50c. And gaming I go up to about 75. I know the temps are fine but they seem really high for water cooling. Is it my case? The case is compact and cools best on negative pressure. Will getting a more airflow case drop my temps a lot? Also inside my case is a 2070super. Thanks in advanced!

You have it wrong. The front mounted radiator fans should be oriented as intake, bringing air in, while the top and rear fans are as exhaust, which is as they should be, taking hot air out. Turn the front radiator fans around so they are oriented as intake fans, in front of the radiator, pushing through it. You CAN mount them in a pull configuration if the design of the case requires it, but they still need to be intake, pulling air from outside to inside the case, no matter what, if they are in front. Front fans can never be exhaust.

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
You have it wrong. The front mounted radiator fans should be oriented as intake, bringing air in, while the top and rear fans are as exhaust, which is as they should be, taking hot air out. Turn the front radiator fans around so they are oriented as intake fans, in front of the radiator, pushing through it. You CAN mount them in a pull configuration if the design of the case requires it, but they still need to be intake, pulling air from outside to inside the case, no matter what, if they are in front. Front fans can never be exhaust.
Oh is that so? Well with my nzxt case, even if I mounted them as intake, there’s not much air for them to even pull that’s why I was told everything should push out

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So to clarify here, my case is an NZXT H510. So you want my top and rear to be exhaust; then on the front you want my two fans pulling air(pushing onto my gpu) with the radiator behind them?
The fans should look like this:
iu

Exactly like that, but pulling air IN through the radiator, not trying to push air OUT through the radiator and then also out through the restrictions of the case openings. Never happen.

Front fan locations are never properly configured as exhaust for ANY tower case configuration in existence that I've ever seen that made any sense or had any scientific reasoning behind it. If fans in that location had any benefit from being in an exhaust configuration, then the hardware manufacturers who've spend millions of dollars in R&D over the years would have stumbled upon that fact by now. They haven't. It doesn't. End of story. LOL.

Front, side and bottom fans, intake. Top and rear fans, exhaust. There are few configurations that should deviate from that and none of them are tower case configurations.