New Ryzen 5 2400G Build

TheGRz

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
I'm planing to build a Ryzen 5 2400G Gaming PC

Here is the Processor & Mobo

Ryzen 2400G
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

I'm buying pc parts from Amazon.in. About 4 months ago i have built a Ryzen 3 2200G With Asrock A320M Pro4 but it has TDR Error caused by the Ram. I'm planing to get 8GB Ram for juice out the Vega 11 graphics for a whole. Could anyone help me to choose Ram for this system. (2x4GB) Dual channel memmory

Try sticking with memory kits that are listed on the USER verified tables here (QVL list is great, but isn't always indicative of what has been working IN GENERAL for a given platform):

https://www.overclock.net/forum/18051-memory/1627555-ryzen-memory-ic-collection-thread.html

Any memory kit with 3000-3200mhz and CAS14 (CL14) is likely to be a superior memory module using Samsung B-die memory chips, which Ryzen tends to really favor well. CL16 modules can be anything from SK Hynix M-die to Samsung D-die. It doesn't take a very special module to achieve CL 16 at those speeds so that is no indicator of an (H) high quality module.

TheGRz

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
I have checked the qvl of Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite and found only one ram which is the actual one listed on it Adata AX4U300038G16-SRS. I couldn't find any 2x4GB kits on the qvl available on amazon, so i have to get this single 8gb stick. I had earlier built a Ryzen 3 2200G Budget build but the Ram sticks that i used were not listed in the Qvl. It caused Video TDR Failure frequent when utilizing the Vega 8 iGpu. I don't want to happen it on this build. Thats why I'm making sure. Is there any Non-RGB, 2x4GB Kits that i can use without fearing on Ryzen 5 2400G?

The QVL is NOT a list of all the memory modules that are compatible or friendly to your motherboard. ALL that ANY QVL list is, is a list of what THAT manufacturer actually bothered to take the time to test on that board with positive results. It does NOT even mean that the memory will RUN at the advertised speed, because they DO NOT check that. They ONLY check that that memory kit will initiate and boot AT THE DEFAULT CONFIGURATION.

If you look at the QVL list for most boards, you will see memory modules, not always, but often, that are higher speed than what the manufacturer even SAYS is possible to run on that board. That is because it CANNOT run at that speed, but it CAN run at speeds up to whatever the maximum the manufacturer has indicated and whatever the bios allows for. So QVL is good for some things, but it should NOT be the measuring stick you use when determining what modules to buy for your board.

The user verified list I linked you to is a FAR more reliable source for what has been found to actually RUN at the ADVERTISED speed by users in the wild. Also, 8GB is the very low end of the scale for what you want to see in a system these days. Also, there are no 2 x4GB kits with a CL14 latency, which makes it hard to find a very good module with a really low overall true latency.

If you can swing a little more for the memory, I'd highly recommend doing something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $169.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-08 21:47 EST-0500

If you cannot, then these would probably be the best option and I know these will work with your Ryzen system because I've used them myself recently in a Ryzen build on a mid tiered board.

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $129.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-08 21:51 EST-0500

And if that is still more than you can scrape together, then this too is 100% compatible.

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $94.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-08 21:54 EST-0500

Obviously, the 16GB kits are a lot more desirable than the 8GB kit, especially since there is only about a 35 dollar difference, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.