kconstance200

Prominent
Jun 4, 2018
So i bought a new ryzen 7 3800x and a gigb rx 5700xt. The gpu got to my house first so i put it into my rig (cpu was 2400g at the time) and reinstalled all my drives and it worked great. The next day i installed the ryzen 3800x and reinstalled all the drivers and there were sooooooo many problems. I installed new drivers using amds software and the first problem i noticed was that my sound was cutting off and making terrible crackling noises. So i ran ddu again and uninstall the audio drivers and it did nothing. So i decided to uninstall my gpu drivers and it worked. i thought it was weird so i did a fresh windows install and the problem was still there. So i decided not to install the gpu driver and things hit the fan. Without the driver install there is so much image lag. I watch youtube and half of the video is frozen and the other half is skipping and stopping. so i installed the gpu driver and the problem was still there aswell as the audio issue. I've been stuck on this for the past 4hrs and can't find any info to help me. My system specs are

• ryzen 7 3800x (stock cooler)
  • rx 5700xt gigb
  • samsung 970 evo
  • psu 650 cors gold

I don't know if there is something wrong with my graphics card or my cpu. And any recommends on what i should do. Also my mouse is bugging out because of it and everything seems to move soooo slow on my monitor.

kconstance200

Prominent
Jun 4, 2018
I'm not sure how.....as according to the ASUS website.....4804 is the latest.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_CPU/

5216 is the latest https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_BIOS/ i think what you're going on is what version before that it wouldn't work on. Also i found so new interesting things with the problems. If i don't install the amd latest gpu and just let windows install everything i can run videos fine. But if i use firefox it bugs out. Some weird things are going on.

kconstance200

Prominent
Jun 4, 2018
so i installed the drivers again for the rx 5700 xt. I figured out that the sound and the mouse works fine if i'm in league of legends but when i tab out the sound and the mouse goes all weird again.
I'm not sure what the cause of that is....but I've had issues like that when tabbing out on some machines......so on those machines I don't tab out (still haven't figured this one out).

..And any recommends on what i should do. ..
After jinking around hardware like that it's not uncommon to have bits and pieces of older drivers still around or illogical registry settings messing it up. Rather than dinking around trying to 'fix' it, the best thing is to do a complete un-install/re-install of all display drivers and chipset drivers.

Start by downloading the latest AMD Chipset Drivers for your chipset and the latest AMD display card drivers, ONLY from the AMD website. Have the install packages available on your desktop.

Then download Display Driver Uninstaller...DDU...from Guru3D:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-handy-utilities.html

Follow instructions, do a safe mode uninstall and clean-up of all AMD drivers.

Then first install chipset drivers, then display drivers.

Good luck.

Last edited:

kconstance200

Prominent
Jun 4, 2018
Tried all of your suggestions. Drea I did that before coming here. So i've tried different rx 5700 xt's thanks to my mate working at a computer store. It's a driver issue. The rx 5700 xt compared with the ryzen 7 3800x. They don't play well with each other. Now the graphics card and the cpu work well with different parts but together they don't. I'm going to be returning the graphics card and going with invida

Reactions: DMAN999
Oct 13, 2019
Your problem seems to be different, but i'm on a 3900x and x570. I was getting audio pops and crackles and could find nothing to fix it for a very long time. I Stumbled upon one thing that fixed it for me.

I have the CPU NB/SOC voltage set to 1.1 , but the key seems to be lowering my VDDG voltage to 0.940 . That is what fixed most of the audio crackle problem for me. That VDDG voltage.

Tried all of your suggestions. Drea I did that before coming here. So i've tried different rx 5700 xt's thanks to my mate working at a computer store. It's a driver issue. The rx 5700 xt compared with the ryzen 7 3800x. They don't play well with each other. Now the graphics card and the cpu work well with different parts but together they don't. I'm going to be returning the graphics card and going with invida
Definitely driver could be a problem as Navi is still fairly new and AMD's working out the problems for all games and gaming engines. So stay current with that.

But I had a strange problem with my 5700XT (in a 3700X system) too. It came about when I swapped out to a 5700 then back to the XT. The system blinked out, then Wattman wouldn't make changes that 'stuck'. That is, I could change memory clock in wattman but the card wouldn't respond with faster/slower memory clock speeds. I uninstalled drivers and AMD chipset driver and reinstalled. It didn't help.

What worked was to completely reset the system for a graphics card. I uninstalled drivers then shutdown and completely removed the GPU from the system and reset CMOS on the motherboard, leaving GPU out and CMOS reset jumper in place for several minutes just to be sure. Put the GPU back in and restarted then re-installed graphics drivers and it's working now.

Don't know if that would help you, but apparently there was a mis-match or corruption with whatever CMOS retains concerning GPU and what the OS was seeing.

Last edited: