New Ryzen 7 Build BSOD every five minutes - Memory_Management

lll0rang3lll

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a newly built PC here that I can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700
Asus Prime B350 Plus
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 2x8Gb DDR4 - CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
EVGA 600BQ PSU
Gigabyte GTX1080 Windforce
Sandisk SSD Plus 240Gb

Freshly installed Windows 10 latest build with all updates complete. Graphics and audio drivers up to date. Updated chipset and bios via Asus Ai Suite.

Symptoms:

There were no evident issues at first I even managed to play 4+ hours of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds perfectly fine. I installed a for monitoring programs and that's when the BSOD started occurring, although it could just be a coincidence. The first few BSODs stated bad pool header I believe. I was doing windows updates while playing battlegrounds so I assumed I should just let them finish and the issue would go away. The BSOD now are only memory management errors. I've since uninstalled every non microsoft, nvidia and realtek program. Still BSODs every 5 minutes or so. One thing to note is everything is currently at stock clock speeds with the exception of the RAM. It's being clocked at 2133Mhz by the MOBO. If I choose higher clock it fails to stick. I have read that changing timing and voltage could help, but I don't really think this is the issue. I could be wrong though.

Anyone have any bright ideas as to what is going on here? Hardware tests across the board A-OK. I can reinstall windows if I must but I want that to be the last resort. I can post mem dumps if anyone needs them or any other resources.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Posting answer just in case someone else stumbles upon this. The ram was faulty. I downloaded and ran memtest and it showed errors very time I ran it. Their claim is that functioning memory wouldn’t show an error even if ran for days.

lll0rang3lll

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017

I select the D.O.C.P which changes timings and speed to 2933Mhz, but in windows both CPUID and Asus Ai suits see it running at 2133Mhz

lll0rang3lll

Prominent
Jul 26, 2017
Posting answer just in case someone else stumbles upon this. The ram was faulty. I downloaded and ran memtest and it showed errors very time I ran it. Their claim is that functioning memory wouldn’t show an error even if ran for days.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS