[SOLVED] new ryzen build quick question

VoodooHex

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
so i just get some cash for my last 2 parts mobo and cpu now there is sale on amazon currently for the ryzen 5 2600 and ryzen 7 2700x i saw they are both basically the same for gaming but for lets say workstation the 2700x is better higher cores etc.. now i am from israel diffrence of prices are 500nis for 2600 and 800nis for 2700x ofc i want to get the 2600 since its almost same performance and way cheaper but the thing is i have a new 3200mhz kit of 2x8 hyperx predetor rgb and new 970 evo 500gb which cpu will be good for the price and for the future thinking about next 2-3 years since they are both in very good sale atm of about 35-45% off please give me your opinions guys i am rooting team 2600 but will it be still good for the next few years? also if any1 gives his opinion , a mobo suggestion will also be very helpfull i was thinking b450 steel legend or gigabyte auros anyguys please give me your opinions :)

Solution
2600 will handle games like a champ for next 2-3 years. As mentioned if you will expand to streaming, it will still hold for now, and later on you might be able to switch it to 3'rd/4'th/5'th Ryzen series (as the AM4 socket still should be usable)
This cpu still have plenty of power. Only streaming, especially in 1440p+ might be to much for it.
gaming even at 4k without steamming, then 2600 will handle even 2080ti & ultra quality. (around 85% load) so there is a chance even next gen top GPU will not be handicapped by this CPU.
if you don't go for best in the stack, 2600 is safe bet.
so i just get some cash for my last 2 parts mobo and cpu now there is sale on amazon currently for the ryzen 5 2600 and ryzen 7 2700x i saw they are both basically the same for gaming but for lets say workstation the 2700x is better higher cores etc.. now i am from israel diffrence of prices are 500nis for 2600 and 800nis for 2700x ofc i want to get the 2600 since its almost same performance and way cheaper but the thing is i have a new 3200mhz kit of 2x8 hyperx predetor rgb and new 970 evo 500gb which cpu will be good for the price and for the future thinking about next 2-3 years since they are both in very good sale atm of about 35-45% off please give me your opinions guys i am rooting team 2600 but will it be still good for the next few years? also if any1 gives his opinion , a mobo suggestion will also be very helpfull i was thinking b450 steel legend or gigabyte auros anyguys please give me your opinions :)
Games are getting more demanding all the time and if you ever want to stream, more cores would be beneficial. 2700x is faster too and it has good boost speeds, 2600 would be close only if you overclock it.

VoodooHex

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
i am willing to ovverclock it to much as i can i am thinking on going rn 2600 with aorus pro wifi since tomehawk max msi is bit better vrm wise but i dont like the colors and the style it kinda matters to me

2600 will handle games like a champ for next 2-3 years. As mentioned if you will expand to streaming, it will still hold for now, and later on you might be able to switch it to 3'rd/4'th/5'th Ryzen series (as the AM4 socket still should be usable)
This cpu still have plenty of power. Only streaming, especially in 1440p+ might be to much for it.
gaming even at 4k without steamming, then 2600 will handle even 2080ti & ultra quality. (around 85% load) so there is a chance even next gen top GPU will not be handicapped by this CPU.
if you don't go for best in the stack, 2600 is safe bet.

Solution