[SOLVED] New Ryzen , something wrong may be ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi , I just got home with my new Ryzen 5 3600 + Asus Prime B450M-A and 16GB of 3000Mhz RAM
Have paired it with my year old GTX 1650 SUPER

im seeing three weird things

1 - Fan is spinning but seems to slow down a bit and immediately speed back up because from a side angle view it seems like that and its every second or so like a race car when you let go of the acceleration and it seems the rims are going reverse and then you rev the engine and see it moving fast forward - The Stock Fan seems like that

2 & 3 - please check these two screenshots ,temps dont they seem high for idle no load at all and frequency plus voltage ?

I haven't fiddled or tampered with anything and these are by default

Does everything seem alright or perhaps its just me ?

https://ibb.co/QH5BysG

https://ibb.co/QrWyLry

Thanks and since its my first ever proper gaming pc where as earlier it were just normal PC ,im a bit worried

Please kindly take a look and guide me.

Solution
Hey there,

Your CPU temps are a little on the high side. This would be typical of a stock cooler. Although Ryzen stock coolers are some of the best stock coolers, they are still not great.

Your CPU voltage, seems about right, but you could reduce it slightly manually to maybe 1.3v. That would also reduce your temps a bit. Your CPU should run fine with 1.3v.

Overall though, the temps are about right.

Typically your temps should be around: 30-35c Idle, 45-65/70 Gaming, and under 80c for stress load (like Prime95 or OCCT) These temps are typical, but ambient temps during summertime, for example will increase temps too. If you live in a hot climate, that would certainly hold true.
Hey there,

Your CPU temps are a little on the high side. This would be typical of a stock cooler. Although Ryzen stock coolers are some of the best stock coolers, they are still not great.

Your CPU voltage, seems about right, but you could reduce it slightly manually to maybe 1.3v. That would also reduce your temps a bit. Your CPU should run fine with 1.3v.

Typically your temps should be around: 30-35c Idle, 45-65/70 Gaming, and under 80c for stress load (like Prime95 or OCCT) These temps are typical, but ambient temps during summertime, for example will increase temps too. If you live in a hot climate, that would certainly hold true.

Solution
Agree with @keith12 (above).
As he mentioned, stock cooler should work just fine on Ryzen 3600 (albeit it will be loud when CPU gets busy). Yes, your temps are a bit high for my taste and the only advice I can give is, make sure your PC has decent airflow. Stock cooler is relative small and so delivering fresh (cold) air into case is very important.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hey there,

Hey ,thanks for calming my doubt
The fan seems to be spinning bit faster now on its own ,i'd say at a safe speed and idle temps are constant 45 Celsius and the voltage has gone down too on its own

All i did was Auto Overclock using Ryzen master and then reverted back to default plus performance is as good as you would expect from it
Will update the Motherboard BIOS tonight just cause hey there is an update that says better memory optimization :D

And thank you once again ,i truly appreciate it

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Make sure your bios and chipset drivers are up to date. There were some fixes implemented, to help with what you are experiencing.
Thank you for the suggestion
I did look up and there is a Bios Update from last month ,will install it tonight
And it says Memory Optimization so hey lets see :D (though i know it wont be much but sounds fancy anyway)

Thanks once again ,much appreciated

Last edited:

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Agree with @keith12 (above).
As he mentioned, stock cooler should work just fine on Ryzen 3600 (albeit it will be loud when CPU gets busy). Yes, your temps are a bit high for my taste and the only advice I can give is, make sure your PC has decent airflow. Stock cooler is relative small and so delivering fresh (cold) air into case is very important.
I too also agree and also with the other kind person who suggested Bios Update

Though after i did a Auto Overclock using Ryzen Master and reverted back to default the temps are now lower albeit the fan is running a little faster than before plus voltage is lower too and performance is as good as you would expect

And for the case its an antec nx210 with 4 fans though i truly dont know how efficient the case is

And thank you for your advise ,i absolutely appreciate it

Hey ,thanks for calming my doubt
The fan seems to be spinning bit faster now on its own ,i'd say at a safe speed and idle temps are constant 45 Celsius and the voltage has gone down too on its own

All i did was Auto Overclock using Ryzen master and then reverted back to default plus performance is as good as you would expect from it
Will update the Motherboard BIOS tonight just cause hey there is an update that says better memory optimization :D

And thank you once again ,i truly appreciate it

No probs, glad to help. Seems like you've already got some results and good advice to follow.