Question New Ryzen / X570 PC won’t boot to BIOS after successful first boot

Apr 17, 2020
Running into a bit of an issue with my new Ryzen build. This is my 3rd Build I’ve ever done, so still kind of new to all of this. I know my way around a computer decently, but I’m stumped.

Upon initial boot, everything fired up fine. Case fans, AIO fans, and all RGB. The computer posted and I was able to get into the bios. At this point I got on my old PC and created a boot drive for Windows 10 installation. I was poking around a little bit into the bios settings of my (new build) ASUS TUF Gaming X570 mobo, and did something with the boot order that I’m unsure what exactly I did, (on the first boot). I then “saved changed and exited” on the bios. From this point, I could not get anything to display again. I flipped the power supply switch, restarted, and now I’m left with a static yellow light (indicating DRAM). I have tried multiple solutions including resetting of cmos and can not get anything to work and get me back into bios.

These are the things I attempted with no solution:

1) Powered off, flipped switch, and unplugged power cable. removed GPU and cmos battery, waited 5 minutes, plugged battery back in, then gpu. Restarted, no luck. Still yellow DRAM light.

2) Tried with only 1 RAM stick in recommended slot (A2), then tried other stick in A2, then tried each stick in B2. No luck in any of those 4 configurations. Yellow DRAM light

3) Repeated all of attempt #1, but also used a screwdriver to jump the cmos reset pins (Or whatever they’re technically called) on my motherboard. I did this with power unplugged, no GPU, and no cmos battery inside. Attempted restart without gpu in and things got interesting. Lights kept blinking in following order: Orange, Red, White. Over and over multiple times until finally settling on static WHITE. (Of course, because no gpu was plugged in, but at this point I was ready to see anything different).

4) Continuing off of #3, I then plugged the GPU back in with no cmos battery installed to see if I had successfully reset bios, but was greeted with the same original issue. Power cycle orange red white, then settling on static yellow. Same as before.

5) Kind of an “out-there” attempt but I tried to boot without ram sticks in, no cmos battery, and no graphics card installed (more or less just to see what the lights would do) and the lights didn’t cycle through, it was static orange.

6) My final attempt before posting, I reinstalled everything, cmos, gpu, and both ram sticks, plugged in power, and turned it on, only to be created by the orange red white power cycle before once again landing on static yellow forever.

At this point I have no idea what to do or try. I don’t believe I have any faulty parts because I DID have a successful first boot and got into the bios.

a couple of important notes:

-While inside bios the first time, I found that both ram sticks WERE indeed recognized (though not running at the rated speed yet), the cpu was identified, as well as both of my M.2 drives Identified. I don’t know how pressing enter on the boot order in bios could’ve totally messed it all up, but here I am.

-I never had an issue with lights, ram, fans, or AIO during every boot attempt to solve the problem after doing something (clearing cmos, etc.). They would light up, spin, and act as if functioning properly, but the motherboard light always static yellow (aside from the instances listed above, in which the lights were Static white or orange).

If anybody could help me out, it would be very much appreciated. I’ve never used a forum before so I’m hoping somebody out there knows my solution. Thank you so much.

Apr 30, 2020
Did you get anywhere on this? I’m having a similar issue!
My specs are ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia 1050ti
B350 tomahawk Msi
Corsair 2*8gb 3000mhz ddr4
Corsair cx600

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021
I'm having a similar issue and have done similar troubleshooting. At this point, I'm ready to cut my losses and buy a new mobo.

Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4
Ryzen 3700x
Ripjaws 3200mhz 2x16gb
PNY GTX1070
500gb m.2 nvme(forgot brand)
Cooler Master ML240L aio
Cooler Master mwe 850w 80+Gold

My issue atarted similar where I got into bios fine. I pushed the ram up to 3200mhz, then rebooted. Now I'm pretty much stuck at the same place. I've tried troubleshooting pretty much the same as op did, and still got 2 red lights on the mobo. I don't think it's the ram, I've reseated everything, checked for bent pins and hidden risers touching the mobo, etc., and nothing. Possibly a compatability issue or faulty parts, but I'm about ready to buy/rma a new mobo and start from there. This thread is my last hope, really. I really don't want to spend any more money than I already have, so I'm praying someone finds a fix that also works for my mystery.