Build info:
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 Rev 3.0
Processor FX 8350 AMD 8 - Core
Power Supply Seasonic M12 II Bronze 650 W
SSD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
HDD Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB
Memory Mushkin Silverline 8GB x4 32GB
Graphics Card MSI Twin Frozr Geforce GTX 660

I tried to upgrade my SSD to a Samsung 860 Pro 512GB, but it made my computer run extremely slow and hung up all the time. I ran a bench test using AS SSD Benchmark and the 4k-64 THRD was very low, see attached. (Well, I would like to upload a photo, but it doesn't seem possible unless it's on the web and you insert a link for it, never seen that before, usually I just upload the photo.) I just assumed there was something wrong with it and returned it, I got another, exactly the same and having the same issues. The SSD that it's replacing works just fine.
Is this because AMD AHCI Sata Controllers don't always play well with others? I always do the preinstall from flash drive during OS install. Not sure I can do the OS install without it and really don't want to have to use a standard windows AHCI driver, could cut down some performance.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

P.S. Can anyone tell me how I can change my email address in my profile/account, can't seem my email for this forum?

Solution
Build info:

I tried to upgrade my SSD to a Samsung 860 Pro 512GB, but it made my computer run extremely slow and hung up all the time. I ran a bench test using AS SSD Benchmark and the 4k-64 THRD was very low, see attached. (Well, I would like to upload a photo, but it doesn't seem possible unless it's on the web and you insert a link for it, never seen that before, usually I...
Build info:

I tried to upgrade my SSD to a Samsung 860 Pro 512GB, but it made my computer run extremely slow and hung up all the time. I ran a bench test using AS SSD Benchmark and the 4k-64 THRD was very low, see attached. (Well, I would like to upload a photo, but it doesn't seem possible unless it's on the web and you insert a link for it, never seen that before, usually I just upload the photo.) I just assumed there was something wrong with it and returned it, I got another, exactly the same and having the same issues. The SSD that it's replacing works just fine.
Is this because AMD AHCI Sata Controllers don't always play well with others? I always do the preinstall from flash drive during OS install. Not sure I can do the OS install without it and really don't want to have to use a standard windows AHCI driver, could cut down some performance.

P.S. Can anyone tell me how I can change my email address in my profile/account, can't seem my email for this forum?
Mail......click your user name.....upper right.......select account details.

BR2000

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014
Build info:

I figured it out myself, in order to use a Samsung SSD you have to just let it use all the standard windows drivers, you can't install any controller or chipset drivers for your motherboard. Which is not right because you should be able to use your motherboard drivers for optimal performance instead of being limited by the standard windows drivers.

Solution