new samsung 950p 19" has curved lines by corners..

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
I just got a new computer with a samsung 950p 19" monitor.. I've had the system for about 3 weeks now, and only now I just started to notice in the corners of the monitor there are some curved lines which bend outwards from the center of the computer.. they are only visible in the corners when there is a pure colour displayed on my monitor.. like a purely blue background or something like when booting up into win XP. Otherwise (like now) I cant notice the lines at all. Can't see them in games either. So the only time they are visible at all is when there is a pure colour on the screen and that is pretty rare.. but nevertheless I wanted to ask: Is this a common trait of monitors, or is mine defective? And if it is defective, do you think I should bother returning it for a new one? (I'm still on a 30 day waranty)..

spiderstorm

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
this is nothing compares to my monitor.i got a 753 dfx 17" samsung monitor and nearly half of the monitor displays colours, fonts, icons striped.and this is for all 753 models.so i bring it back to the store and i will get a philips or lg.these monitors displays perfect.i tested it in the store.but i think your's is a refresh rate problem.try turning up the refresh rate a bit.like 75 hz or 85 hz.if it is 75 or 85 then it can be a startup issue.when monitors first starts up to work these lines appear but a few minutes later they disappear.but also they appear on some pure colours like your's depending on the monitors tube.your monitor is a pretty old one so i think it is normal.but u better compare your monitor to the ones branded different.like lg , philips, sony.if these monitors' models nearly specified like your's shows these lines there is nothing to worry about...