[SOLVED] New Samsung 980 SSD keeps crashing while playing games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2022
i bought a new samsung 80 SSD recently and clean install win10 on it. It works normally when i do nothing but keeps crashing and restarting like every 10 mins while i play games. It just freezes for 5 sec then reboot the pc. I tried reinstalling win10 and updating my drivers nothing works. Any ideas how to fix this?

i3 12100f
rx470
xpg 3200mhz 8x2 ram
gigabyte h610m motherboard
650w 80+ gold cougar power

Solution
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/tr...gement/event-10016-logged-when-accessing-dcom

These 10016 events are recorded when Microsoft components try to access DCOM components without the required permissions. In this case, this behavior is expected and by design.A coding pattern has been implemented where the code first tries to access the DCOM components with one set of parameters. If the first attempt is unsuccessful, it tries again with another set of parameters. The reason why it doesn't skip the first attempt is because there are scenarios where it can succeed. In those scenarios, it's preferable.

Seems it's still not the issue. If not heat it could be power? Replug the power...
May 21, 2022
i was using a hdd before and it was working fine. I checked the temperature of the gpu and cpu while playing valorant and gpu was 57 cpu was 63 before pc restarted

May 21, 2022
I tried with HDD and its the same still so SSD is not the problem i guess. I looked at event viewer and there was a distributedCOM 10016 error at the time of my PC crashing. Also looked at the Reliability History and it just says there was an unexpected shut down.

4745454b

Titan
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/tr...gement/event-10016-logged-when-accessing-dcom

These 10016 events are recorded when Microsoft components try to access DCOM components without the required permissions. In this case, this behavior is expected and by design.A coding pattern has been implemented where the code first tries to access the DCOM components with one set of parameters. If the first attempt is unsuccessful, it tries again with another set of parameters. The reason why it doesn't skip the first attempt is because there are scenarios where it can succeed. In those scenarios, it's preferable.

Seems it's still not the issue. If not heat it could be power? Replug the power wires, and/or test with a different PSU.

Solution
Jun 21, 2023
i bought a new samsung 80 SSD recently and clean install win10 on it. It works normally when i do nothing but keeps crashing and restarting like every 10 mins while i play games. It just freezes for 5 sec then reboot the pc. I tried reinstalling win10 and updating my drivers nothing works. Any ideas how to fix this?

i3 12100f
rx470
xpg 3200mhz 8x2 ram
gigabyte h610m motherboard
650w 80+ gold cougar power
same problem i was facing for a few days with my new samsung 1TB 980 3.0 m.2 nvme on core i7 7700K with asus Z270 A Prime series motherboard. what i did fir solution was just resetting the BIOS of my PC to default settings and it started working fine. and i tried every single game on my SSD now its working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.