New Samsung Blu-ray Combo Does 12x

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bundled software will allow BD play? For how much?

Even THG recommend Lite-On BD/DVD for $99.00 needs the BD software for another $99.00, depending on hardware seteup and OS. Crashman says Windows 7 in required for Lite-On software.

Hope this one doesn't, for under $200.00.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]dEAne[/nom]Bundled software huh, This is good news - One day the DVD will be out for good then BLU RAy then what next.[/citation]
Theres a good chance it'll have more in common with an sd card than a disc. or we'll just have super efficient ways to layer blu rays

lukeeu

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
[citation][nom]ordcestus[/nom]Theres a good chance it'll have more in common with an sd card than a disc. or we'll just have super efficient ways to layer blu rays[/citation] There are holographic disc drives that have capacity of 1TB and read 1024 bits at a time instead of 1. But I hope the industry will move in a direction of selling intellectual property (iTunes,last.fm,steam, walk into wallmart with a pendrive...) instead of selling movies locked to super encrypted disk in a box..

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]lukeeu[/nom]There are holographic disc drives that have capacity of 1TB and read 1024 bits at a time instead of 1. But I hope the industry will move in a direction of selling intellectual property (iTunes,last.fm,steam, walk into wallmart with a pendrive...) instead of selling movies locked to super encrypted disk in a box..[/citation]
I hadn't heard of those disk drives but they sound interesting. I don't mind the idea of a movie being sold on disc because its convenient for stores. However i will agree about the overkill reaction to pirates involving encryption and other DRM measures.
We need steam for movies and we need to be able to walk into wal-mart and pick up a movie.

G

Have you purchased a computer, DVD player or gaming console in the past five years?

Did tech companies overcharge consumers?

The federal government accused Sony, Phillips, Hitachi, LG and other tech companies of working together to overcharge consumers on computer disc drives and CD/DVD players.

I work with attorneys representing consumers in a civil case against these tech companies.

If you’ve purchased a computer, DVD player or gaming console in the past five years that featured a disc drive to play CDs or DVDs, you should sign-up at http://www.hbsslaw.com/odd

Status
Not open for further replies.