[SOLVED] New Seagate 1TB HD beep sound (Important)

A.T

Feb 4, 2020
Hey guys,

please could someone who understands technical problems with HD’s tell what sound is this? The beep sound that comes in the end, i bought the laptop still one week old but the sound happens everynow and then it comes from the HD area ( not sure if it’s the hard drive or not) i ran alot of test on my HD and SSD all shows 100%good (crystaldisk).

please check sound here : View: https://imgur.com/gallery/Y2z6UzW

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The noise sounds like the drive head on the HDD is parking. See if you have any BIOS updates pending for the laptop and if installing your chipset and storage drivers changes the issue.

You might want to inform your seller(from whom you purchased the laptop) and also HP's support team of your issue. Give how new the laptop is, you should be getting the laptop replaced/RMA'd.

Lutfij

Titan

The noise sounds like the drive head on the HDD is parking. See if you have any BIOS updates pending for the laptop and if installing your chipset and storage drivers changes the issue.

You might want to inform your seller(from whom you purchased the laptop) and also HP's support team of your issue. Give how new the laptop is, you should be getting the laptop replaced/RMA'd.

Solution

A.T

Feb 4, 2020

The noise sounds like the drive head on the HDD is par king. See if you have any BIOS updates pending for the laptop and if installing your chipset and storage drivers changes the issue.

Ok i will check for lastest bio’s update but can you please explain more about installing the chipset and storage drivers changes the issue? Cuz im new to this..Thanks