Question New Seagate 4tb backup plus

May 11, 2019
Good morning. My question, I am wondering why my recovery (D) states I it is GB rather than TB. Brand new drive and also under the Mirror File to Recovery (D) it states I have volume missing and does not allow me to click on the drive or the ... Only the MY PC is highlighted to click on. I am working with brand new Dell XPS15 9570.

I am one that needs step by step instructions.

Thank you

popatim

Titan
Recovery is usually a partition on the main drive. It should not have a drive letter assigned to it.
It holds your factory restore and sometimes troubleshooting apps that you have access to during the boot process, like pressing Del to enter setup, it t's usually one of the F-keys. And yes. it's not very big, under 30GB's is very typical. The last xps I worked on it was about 15gb...

I'm not sure why you are mirroring files to the Recovery partition. You should be mirroring them from your drive to the external.

Please host a screen shot of your disk management window on to an image sharing site such as Tinypic or imgur and post a link to it here for us. Also let us know how you setup this mirroring and what you used to do it.

Thank you.