New set up with Aorus B360 Gaming 3 Wifi Mobo won't boot when using older GPU

Jan 16, 2019
Hi,
I would like to use an older GPU with my new set up until such a time as i can get a new GPU. I am having POST issues when the card is installed and connected, but no issues booting etc when the card is not installed - so the GPU seems to be the culprit. The old GPU is Radeon R7 260x and the new hardware/setup is:
Mobo: Aorus B360 Gaming 3 Wifi
RAM: 16gb corsair vengeance 2666
CPU: Intel i5-8400

I saw elsewhere that the different PCIe slots might have something to do with it, but i have tested two of the three slots and it didn't work for either - the third slot is not able to be used with this card as it is too close to the bottom of the case for it to be installed.
I am a bit of an amateur with all of this, and this is the first time I have replaced a mobo and CPU so please explain it simply!
Thanks!

Jan 16, 2019
I'll have to check brand etc when I am home, but I am reusing my 500w supply which was working in the previous machine, and from what I have checked online should be powerful enough for this new build.

Jan 16, 2019
I didn't do that, but i did format the SSD (only have the one drive) and a fresh install of windows 10. Would formatting the drive be enough to sort that or is it likely that previous drivers etc might be causing issues still?