Question 5 Problems with my new Setup

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
I have a new setup: RTX 2080 Super Gaming - X570 Aorus Elite - Ryzen 7 3800x - 2x16 HyperX Predator CL16 and i'm having a LOT of problems!
First of all, i'm getting a lot of blue screens.

Second, sometimes it doesn't recognize my SSD and my HD (i have a 2TB HD for games + movies and SSDs are way too expensive in my country, so don't judge me) while my windows is installed in my new SSD M2 (so yes, i have one of each type: M2, SSD and HD).

Third, i have a Samsung Q60 55" with the options of 120hz on both 1080p and 1440p, but somehow i lost the 120hz for 1440p, i have to create manualy the resolution for it to work.

Forth, when i test a heavy game on 1440p or 4k (tested both GTA V and Final Fantasy XV) it shows my GPU at 98-100% of usage and then both games crashes. After that, even on 1080p EVERY SINGLE GAME crashes for no reasons at all.

Fifth: i know AMD tends to be a little hotter than Intel, but i'm a little confused about my CPU. When i'm not doing anything, temperatures goes to 50-60'C on idle and when i check the usage, its hardle on 20%. But when the usage goes to 80-90% (i achieved that by trying to restore my SSD) the temperatures dropped to 30-40'C and i don't know why. My case supports 6 Fans and i have 3 frontal ones, 1 back and the 2 on the top its from my watercooler H110i, plus 3 from my GPU and trust me, its waaaaay too noisy here. Even if i set the fans to QUIET, all i have to do is open my Opera Launcher and the fans start acting like it was a huge deal.

I just bought this new setup and i already got 5 problems with it. Never got any of the 5 problems i just quote.
My previous setup was: GTX 1070 G1 Gaming - ASUS Z170M - i5 6600k - 2x8 HyperX Fury 2400mhz and NEVER had any problems at all. Never... I really don't know what to do now.

Did you reinstall Windows after your motherboard, CPU, and RAM upgrade?
Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?
Did you download and install the latest drivers from your motherboard's website?
Is your new RAM on your motherboard's QVL?
What is the make/model of your new power supply?

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
Did you reinstall Windows after your motherboard, CPU, and RAM upgrade?
Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?
Did you download and install the latest drivers from your motherboard's website?
Is your new RAM on your motherboard's QVL?
What is the make/model of your new power supply?
Yes, the windows is now installed on my M2 and I cleaned the other SSD + the HD as well.
Yes, all drivers are up to date.
About QVL idk, when I bought the memories I saw comments that worked both on their Z390 and their X570 (but they didn't mention if it was the one I'm using).
My power supply is a Corsair 750W 80 plus while my older one was a 600W 80plus.

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
Check your specific memory modules here:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-elite_matisse.pdf

Check your specific M.2 SSD here:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Document/mb_m.2_x570_191107.pdf

Also, recheck your power and SATA connections to your other SSD and your HDD.

And, to be clear, you did a fresh, from USB or DVD, Windows 10 installation to your M.2, correct?
Yes, it was a fresh installation via USB! :)
I just checked your list and my memory is HX432C16PB3A/16, which is not on the list... It shows HX432C16PB3/16 and HX432C16PB3AK4/64 :(
And my M2 is also not on the list. Mine is a F480GBMP510 while the list shows CSSD-F480GBMP500 ...
So, i guess its all wrong? :(

You could try the latest F11 BIOS for your motherboard. The F11 BIOS is dated Dec 9, 2019 and states:
  1. Improve PCIe device compatibility
  2. Improve memory compatibility
Unless you already have it installed? What is your BIOS version? You can check your BIOS version either by entering the BIOS directly or by downloading/installing/running CPU-Z and going to the 'Mainboard' tab.

Last edited: