[SOLVED] New setup, graphics card not detected/no display

mark.r2nd

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
Hello! I wanted to ask if anybody could help me with this. I bought an AORUS B450 ELITE, AMD RYZEN 5 2600@3,4GHz, 16 GB (2x8GB@3200MHz) DDR4 RAM and a M.2 NVMe where I intended to install my Windows.
I already had a 600W Thermaltake PSU, GTX1060 6GB and a computer case before from my old setup so I took the old MOBO, CPU and RAM out and now installed everything. I turned on the PC but there is no display, everything else inside is spinning nicely, but the GPU fan is like "sticky", it waits 5 seconds and then tries to start spinning lightly/ "budges" a bit and then stops, then again 5 seconds etc etc. I already checked and there is no dust blocking it from moving, nothing seems to work and I really cannot afford to pay 40€ to a technician. Can somebody help me with this? Thanks in advance :)

Solution
As it is a new rug, I'd not go much further than:

Disconnect power from PSU
Reseat GPU, and it's PCI-e PWR cable(s) from PSU (some have a single connector, some have a pair, some even three nowadays) Reseat modular connections at PSU, as well...
Reseat RAM modules (run 1 stick at a time to test them)
Reseat CPU PWR (ATX 12V CPU) connectors to mainboard
Reseat CMOS battery

Normally such distortions are often caused by the GPU itself, assuming it is not partially power starved

Reseat GPU, and it's PCI-e PWR cable(s) from PSU (some have a single connector, some have a pair, some even three nowadays) Reseat modular connections at PSU, as well...
Reseat CMOS battery

Normally such distortions are often caused by the GPU itself, assuming it is not partially power starved

Reactions: mark.r2nd
Solution

mark.r2nd

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018

Reseat CMOS battery

Hi, I found out what was the problem, my CPU cables were disconnected (I overlooked them because they blended in and were hidden in the corner) and my RAM sticks were only halfway in, because I've always used DDR3 RAM I didn't think you'd need to push so strongly in the socket, I was afraid of breaking the RAM. Also did some cable management and everything works well now. Thanks!