Nov 30, 2018
I hope you guys have an idea because I'm desprate :(:

Setup:
Intel i5-9600k
MSI 370M Bazooka
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT grau DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-2400
Radeon RX 580
600W PSU

When starting the system all fans start spinning but no video signal. It seems that it can't even pass POST since there is no beeping or anything. There are debug leds on my mainboard and when pressing the powerbutton first the CPU-LED quickly flashes one time then the DRAM-LED stays on for about 30s and then just goes off. The VGA and Boot-Led don't even light up.

What I already did(in chronological order):
- I checked the 8-pin CPU and the 24-Ping Mainboard power-cable. Unpluged them and pluged them in again
- I removed the graphics card and pluged in onboard graphics
- I cross checked the ram by removing one, switching them and the ram-sockets
- I unplugged everything (SATA, front aux/usb-panel ) and started the pc by shorting the powerswitch jumpers
- I removed my cpu heatsink checked the cpu and surroundings for damage / thermal paste, removed the thermal paste and reapplied it
- I panicked and cried alot

At this point I'm pretty sure that something is faulty but not sure what. Might be the ram since everything stops after the (30s) DRAM check or is it the mainboard since it just doesn't proceed after DRAM check. I don't suspect the CPU and the GPU.

Appreciate your input :).

Best
Max

Nov 30, 2018

You're the man with the masterplan! Bought a Celeron 4900, updated the BIOS. All good now!