Question New SFF build, humming sound and buzz

Mlit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
I just built my latest system yesterday in a Meshlicious case. Cable management is a pain and I feel like I need to replace the stock ATX cables with some customs as well as reseat AIO block head to a different orientation so the tubing fits easier. That said it's the coolest system I've ever built.

However I get a never ending hum and I can also hear a very quiet buzzing. Is there any particular reason I would get these noises beyond the case being full mesh with no sound proofing? I can live with these noises for now if they arn't indications of anything fishy going on.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU and specs.

Include Disk drive(s) and specs.

If possible take a couple of photographs showing the inside of the case.

Post the photographs here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Add some details regarding the problem(s) with cable management.

Overall, what is driving the apparent requirement to use SFF?

As I understand it all, I would expect the use of a larger case.

Mlit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
I did figure out the sound was my pump and lowering the rpm dealt with that, popped it down below 3000. But now I have a new problem that might be related.

I started up Cyberpunk 2077 to test my specs and went through the first section until the bit where you pop the boot and my computer buzzed and rebooted. I think my rpms might have been TOO low, not sure how to set the right balance yet, system got very warm while playing on the default specs in game for my 1440p resolution. Wondering if there might be somewhere I can consult to figure out the best profile for managing games.

I have installed grills to stop any cabling getting in the fans. It's not the best management, I do intend to improve it later when I'm good and ready. Space premium is the main reason I went SFF over a larger case. I just don't have massive amounts of it anymore.

Specs are 12700KF
B660 i Strix
32GB DDR5
Fractal Lumen s28 set to exhaust
WD Black SN770 2TB
RTX 3080
Corsair SFF750 platinum.
win10 home

TRENDING THREADS