[SOLVED] New soundcard sending 2.1 signal to 5.1 speakers???

haloguy1999

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2013
So I just got a new SoundblasterX AE-5 soundcard, hooked it up fine. Yet I'm having a problem with the software where it's sending a stereo signal to my Logitech Z906 speakers.

Currently they're running through optical right now, and the only way I can get sound on them is if I force through a stereo signal. Otherwise I get nothing.
My headphones on the otherhand (3.5mm) seem to be working fine, giving me absolutely phenomenal audio.

Do I need an alt. method of input, like 3 3.5mm jacks, is optical not able to send the 5.1 signal??

Any help on this would be great cause I'm lost haha

Solution
Yeah those will work.

Green: fronts
Yellow: centre/sub
Black: rears

Have you checked to see if you still have the cables the z906 comes with? Should have come with them.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sound card doesn't seem to have Dolby Digital Live real-time encoding if want to use optical. DDL encodes the signal (compresses) 5.1/7.1 and then sends it to the speaker unit to decode. This is done in real time on some sound cards with this feature. Ie; Sound Blaster ZX 5.1 and Asus Xonar D2x. Without the compression, optical's default signal is 2.1.

Can you use analogue jacks?

haloguy1999

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2013
Sound card doesn't seem to have Dolby Digital Live real-time encoding if want to use optical. DDL encodes the signal (compresses) 5.1/7.1 and then sends it to the speaker unit to decode. This is done in real time on some sound cards with this feature. Ie; Sound Blaster ZX 5.1 and Asus Xonar D2x. Without the compression, optical's default signal is 2.1.

Can you use analogue jacks?

Yes I could, it has a 3 to 3 input. I'd need to order the cables, but would that work?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00P4L7GS4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

haloguy1999

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2013
Yeah those will work.

Green: fronts
Yellow: centre/sub
Black: rears

Have you checked to see if you still have the cables the z906 comes with? Should have come with them.

Unfortunately I've probably lost them, I got these speakers like 10 years ago haha, only just realizing this now! Anyways I ordered that cable, it'll be about 2-4 weeks

Thanks so much for the help!

TRENDING THREADS