New soundcard

ezzlar

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2002
Today I have an inbuilt Realtek ALC650 (6-channel) soundcard and Creative Inspire 5100 speakers (5.1). Would I gain anything from buying an Audigy2 or are the speakers not enough? Would SB Live 5.1 be enough? Or should I stay with my present soundcard? (It supports Dolby Digital but not EAX).

My recommendation is the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, it already would do some of the things, that Creative is trying to accomplish with the Audigy 2, such as making the Audigy line what it should have been in the first place.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
get an audigy or audigy 2, you will gain performance because your cpu usage goes way down. beyond that sound quality goes up. the santa cruz is a bit old and has higher cpu usage and lower sound quality than the audigy.

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

ezzlar

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2002
Thx for the input. But I am a bit worried that I miss a lot of the Audigys2 potential by only having a 5.1 instead of a 6.1 speaker system. Does that seem realistic?

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Audigy 2 will work fine in 5.1. You could save money by getting the SB Live or the regular Audigy.

Regards,
the Prisoner...

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
rofl you could buy some 6.1's but I imagine they would be hella expensive and not near as good as a good set of 5.1's from klipsch or even logitech.

Dungeons and Dragons Famous Last Words:
"C'mon DM,let's see some REAL monsters!" And then you turn the corner as the Dungeon Master chuckles... DM: "It hits and... Oh hold on... I need more dice"

TRENDING THREADS