[SOLVED] New speakers sound as bad as previous (bad) speakers

ImWolf

Honorable
Mar 18, 2019
Dell Precision M6400

Finally replaced the speaker board on my Dell laptop, but there's no noticeable improvement. The old speakers had obvious damage to the diaphragms, so I was sure this is why they sounded so terrible.

As before though, (after changing out the speaker board), a blue tooth speaker and connected headset sound very good, but the new speakers sound awful.

So my Q is, do you folks believe I was sold a faulty replacement part, or might there be an issue with the sound card that only affects this one device?

Thanks,
Wolf

Solution
Dell Precision M6400

Finally replaced the speaker board on my Dell laptop, but there's no noticeable improvement. The old speakers had obvious damage to the diaphragms, so I was sure this is why they sounded so terrible.

As before though, (after changing out the speaker board), a blue tooth speaker and connected headset sound very good, but the new speakers sound awful.

So my Q is, do you folks believe I was sold a faulty replacement part, or might there be an issue with the sound card that only affects this one device?

Thanks,
Wolf
If u get good sound on headphones u dont have problem wiht soundcard than speakers are bad or damage.. Speakers are very easy damage and make sound crapy
Dell Precision M6400

Thanks,
Wolf
BT speakers have own DAC so they get digital transmission and have own amplifier.alsolarger. Frankly I never heard a good sound coming from a laptop.

dimtodim

Reputable
Dell Precision M6400

Thanks,
Wolf
If u get good sound on headphones u dont have problem wiht soundcard than speakers are bad or damage.. Speakers are very easy damage and make sound crapy

Solution