Question New speakers. The volume of speakers no longer enhances the volume of the sound when i plug in my headphones.

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
Hey,
So i bought the 44 RMS watt speakers as a replacement for my 5 watt speakers .
But my old speakers increased the volume of the headphones sound which my new speakers do not do.
Why is this happening ?
Are there broken in some way ?
I was searching a long time for speakers, one of main reasons is that most of them didn't have headphone jack.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers and thanks,

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
guessing here, the old setup had a headphone amp or used the internal amp for the headphone jack.
the new one is a straight pass through, no amping up at all.
44W through the headset is a bit much, to say the least.

you could get a headphone amp like this
example only, not an endorsement, shop around.
https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bla...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06ZZNPRLX
Since i have a pc is there no other way to increase the headphones sound ?
I have my speakers on my desk, hardly a place to put a Amplifier.
Thanks for the info,
Cheers,

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
guessing here, the old setup had a headphone amp or used the internal amp for the headphone jack.
the new one is a straight pass through, no amping up at all.
44W through the headset is a bit much, to say the least.

you could get a headphone amp like this
example only, not an endorsement, shop around.
https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bla...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06ZZNPRLX
So do you know any computer speakers that have build in amp for headphone jack ?
Thanks for the info,
Cheers,

Hey,
So i bought the 44 RMS watt speakers as a replacement for my 5 watt speakers .
But my old speakers increased the volume of the headphones sound which my new speakers do not do.
Why is this happening ?
Are there broken in some way ?
I was searching a long time for speakers, one of main reasons is that most of them didn't have headphone jack.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers and thanks,

The old speakers probably had a digital volume control which controls the volume on the computer. The new ones if they have an analog control would not be controlling the Windows volume. I don't think either of them were controlling the volume coming through the headphone jack directly.