Question New speakers. The volume of speakers no longer enhances the volume of the sound when i plug in my headphones.

SeverinV

Reputable
Aug 21, 2016
Hey,
So i bought the 44 RMS watt speakers as a replacement for my 5 watt speakers .
But my old speakers increased the volume of the headphones sound which my new speakers do not do.
Why is this happening ?
Are there broken in some way ?
I was searching a long time for speakers, one of main reasons is that most of them didn't have headphone jack.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers and thanks,

R_1

Judicious
Herald
guessing here, the old setup had a headphone amp or used the internal amp for the headphone jack.
the new one is a straight pass through, no amping up at all.
44W through the headset is a bit much, to say the least.

you could get a headphone amp like this
example only, not an endorsement, shop around.
https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B06ZZNPRLX?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06ZZNPRLX

SeverinV

Reputable
Aug 21, 2016
guessing here, the old setup had a headphone amp or used the internal amp for the headphone jack.

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B06ZZNPRLX?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06ZZNPRLX
Since i have a pc is there no other way to increase the headphones sound ?
I have my speakers on my desk, hardly a place to put a Amplifier.
Thanks for the info,
Cheers,

SeverinV

Reputable
Aug 21, 2016

So do you know any computer speakers that have build in amp for headphone jack ?
Thanks for the info,
Cheers,

hang-the-9

Titan
Hey,
So i bought the 44 RMS watt speakers as a replacement for my 5 watt speakers .
But my old speakers increased the volume of the headphones sound which my new speakers do not do.
Why is this happening ?
Are there broken in some way ?
I was searching a long time for speakers, one of main reasons is that most of them didn't have headphone jack.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers and thanks,
The old speakers probably had a digital volume control which controls the volume on the computer. The new ones if they have an analog control would not be controlling the Windows volume. I don't think either of them were controlling the volume coming through the headphone jack directly.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS