Feb 6, 2020
Hi all. I just upgraded to a new mobo, cpu, gpu and ram. After taking out the old, putting in the new and connecting all the wires, I was pleased to see everything boot up nicely when I pressed the power button. But as I looked up, I saw two black screens. Then I noticed that neither the mouse nor the keyboard were lighting up.

I've been trying to find out what the problem is for the last three hours, and its driving me nuts... As far as I can tell, there is no boot up and no signal.

Also, solid red lamp is lit above the atx power. the lamp reads DRAM. Could the entire problem be connected to the ram?

New specs are:
MSI b450 Gaming Plus Max
AMD ryzen 2700
Asus Radeon RX 5600 XT TUF EVO
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb

I've tried removing the gpu and install it again (4 times) with no result. I've tried with multiple screens, with different cables (both hdmi and dport), all of which functioned fine before I swapped parts.

I tried putting the old gpu in with the new mobo, ram and cpu, and it did not work either, further making me think that there isn't a problem with the gpu itself.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Feb 5, 2020
Hi all. I just upgraded to a new mobo, cpu, gpu and ram. After taking out the old, putting in the new and connecting all the wires, I was pleased to see everything boot up nicely when I pressed the power button. But as I looked up, I saw two black screens. Then I noticed that neither the mouse nor the keyboard were lighting up.

I've been trying to find out what the problem is for the last three hours, and its driving me nuts... As far as I can tell, there is no boot up and no signal.

Also, solid red lamp is lit above the atx power. the lamp reads DRAM. Could the entire problem be connected to the ram?

New specs are:
MSI b450 Gaming Plus Max
AMD ryzen 2700
Asus Radeon RX 5600 XT TUF EVO
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb

I've tried removing the gpu and install it again (4 times) with no result. I've tried with multiple screens, with different cables (both hdmi and dport), all of which functioned fine before I swapped parts.

I tried putting the old gpu in with the new mobo, ram and cpu, and it did not work either, further making me think that there isn't a problem with the gpu itself.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Is your ram properly seated? Have you tried testing it with one memory stick? Make sure your CPU fan is connected which could prevent some Mobos from posting. If I'm correct I believe the MSI B450 Plus should have a EZ Debug feature which indicates which component is faulty or undetected. Could you tell me which component (CPU,GPU,DRAM, BOOT) still have a red light next to it after startup if at all? The light should be somewhere next to the ram.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Look in the troubleshooting section to determine exactly what the bright red LED can mean.

Use the manual to double check your installation.

Take a close look at the Section on Memory: supported RAM, supported RAM configurations, and the installation process itself. Read the fine print and if there is a reference to going online to get more information about supported RAM then go online accordingly.

Feb 6, 2020
Is your ram properly seated? Have you tried testing it with one memory stick? Make sure your CPU fan is connected which could prevent some Mobos from posting. If I'm correct I believe the MSI B450 Plus should have a EZ Debug feature which indicates which component is faulty or undetected. Could you tell me which component (CPU,GPU,DRAM, BOOT) still have a red light next to it after startup if at all? The light should be somewhere next to the ram.

I've tried it with just one memory stick and alternated between them (in all sockets). CPU fan is connected properly and is running along with all the other fans. Upon startup, the red light/lamp flashes once (or briefly, rather) on cpu, then switches to dram where it says for as long as the the pc is running. The switch from cpu to dram happens in less than a second after the lamp turns on.