Question New spin on BIOS sees SSD but Disk Management and Device Manager don't

Jul 14, 2020
I don't know if this question has been posted exactly like this before.

I have a Windows 10 system that has two 2 TB seagate HDDs and one 1 TB Samsung SSD. I was thinking of upgrading the SSD to 2TB so for test, I unplugged the 1 TB SSD and plugged in the new 2 TB one. The BIOS "sees" the new one but Device Manager Disk storage doesn't, nor does Disk Management.

Keep in mind that if I put the old 1 TB Samsung SSD back, everything is great???????

popatim

Titan
I would remove the other drive that is your current raid setup first or you can configure the drive in the raid setup (Ctrl+I for intel) as Pass-thru or a single drive raid 1 .. Passthru is not an option on some motherboards.

Ahci is the preferred setting for drives not in a raid setup.

Jul 14, 2020
It is set to RAID now.. Options are RAID, IDE or AHCI.. Should I set it to AHCI?
I set it all up to AHCi and everything is good now... But I have different issue now and don't know what group/area to post it in. Now after I tell Windows 10 to power down, I need to power it down with the push button a second time to get it to boot back up. I have already tried disabling the "fast start up" and it still requires a second power cycle to boot