[SOLVED] New SSD as boot drive

Lilfatboy

Prominent
Jun 29, 2019
I’ve been watching some videos but I still can’t wrap my head around it.

I’ve bought a new ssd to put windows and rust on it so my pc runs a bit faster.

Will configuring my new ssd as a boot drive make it so windows is stored on it and boots of the ssd?

Also will me moving rust to that drive interfere with it?

Thanks in advance

Solution
What I would do is one of two things.

1.) If your current drive is such that it will not fill up the SSD more than 80%.....I would shut down.....install the SSD....make sure it's recognized in the BIOS and clone the drive to the SSD. Then I would shut down.....remove the original drive......start up and go to the BIOS and make the SSD the boot drive. Then make sure it works. Then you could shut down and add the old drive and use it for storage.

2.) Shut down and remove the old drive and install the SSD. Do a clean Windows install on the SSD as well as whatever games and apps you want. Then make sure it works. Then you can shut down and add the old drive.
What I would do is one of two things.

1.) If your current drive is such that it will not fill up the SSD more than 80%.....I would shut down.....install the SSD....make sure it's recognized in the BIOS and clone the drive to the SSD. Then I would shut down.....remove the original drive......start up and go to the BIOS and make the SSD the boot drive. Then make sure it works. Then you could shut down and add the old drive and use it for storage.

2.) Shut down and remove the old drive and install the SSD. Do a clean Windows install on the SSD as well as whatever games and apps you want. Then make sure it works. Then you can shut down and add the old drive.

Solution