[SOLVED] new ssd - blue screen on install, thx for any help..

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Hey, I just had a question about a new ssd I just got and I'm trying to put windows on there..I'm not sure what the prob is, I installed ssd and took out all other drives, threw in the windows usb that came with my windows 10 when u buy it, booted off of the usb and it was giving me a memory blue screen when I was trying to do a clean install..the ssd is a samsung 860 qvo..I'm not sure if the usb was just super outdated with the drivers maybe and making a new windows media installer thing would fix it maybe..I was gunan try using the samsung data migration if that didn't work I guess..it's odd and then I put back in the old ssd and hdd and everything worked fine, hop on here and ask u guys lol..not sure though why it was giving me probs on the clean install for windows on the new samsung ssd, any ideas..? I get as far as selecting the 64 bit install and then it gives me the blue screen after a few seconds..thx for any insight..

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What exact blue screen error is it giving you?
Is it occurring during the install itself?

If it is memory management, remember that there is both physical and virtual memory, the virtual memory resides on your storage drive. So it could well be the storage drive at fault. Memory management isn't always hardware, but it can be.

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
what will happen is I'll boot from the usb and then it asks me if I want to install windows in 32 bit or 64 bit, I'll select the 64 bit and then it'll show like it's about to start the windows install process and I'll get the blue screen..the usb installer I'm using is prob like over 3 years old so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it..I installed windows on the small 120gb kingston with no prob a few years ago, this samsung 860 qvo is being a pain though..I'm gunna try switching them around again in a few and I'll give you a better answer as far as what the screen says..I should of wrote it down or take a pic..that's really as far as I'll get though is the 64 bit install and then right as it starts I'll get the blue screen..

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Reactions: PC Tailor