[SOLVED] New SSD BSOD

Jul 25, 2019
I recently bought all the pieces for a new pc, and tried to build it myself. I was not successful, and had to bring it into a computer store to have it taken apart, and rebuilt(Idk everything, but I know for sure I forgot to screw in little brackets for the MB and it was loose, and that was sketch from the start.)

They took it apart, put it back together, and gave me windows. When I brought it home, I started it up and started downloading(Ninite.com) what i wanted. It finished and I went to open steam, it updated, and i tried to log in. My computer then Blue Screened. I don't know what the original error was. It attempted to restart and failed, I had to hard restart it

I started doing some tests, memory diagnostic came up clean, but sfc /SCANNOW gave me this: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"
I come out of safe mode and let myself blue screen(Just watched youtube until my OS crashed and BSOD'd), the error is "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

I took it back, and asked him to help, and to put windows on my HDD, he put windows on there; called and asked if He could do a hard reset and I said yes(So I have no logs from the original crashes). When I picked it up, he had just finished rebooting the ssd with windows, and I brought it home.

Back to Ninite(I still trust you bb) and download the same setup, Malwarebytes, chrome, sharex, steam, discord, Notepad++, winrar

I open steam back up, and while its updating, Blue Screen.

I am now working off of my HDD, and trying to figure out what I can do. They didnt charge me for the second job, but I would like to not have to take up more of their time. Though if thats what you'd recommend I gladly will. I haven't booted my SSD since the crash, but if you need me to get onto it and try and throw some logs or anything I will try!

Hitachi HUA721010KLA330 -- HDD
ASROCK B450 Pro 4 -- MB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 Ti -- GFX Card
I Only know that my SSD is a Samsung, and its not m2.. :l
When I look in Device manager, while on my HDD, it shows "Unknown device"
Sorry,

Thanks for any help<3

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you boot off the ssd, go to C drive in file explorer and set it to show hidden folders and files
Find the MEMORY.DMP file and copy it onto a USB
log back into hdd (since its less likely to crash) and upload the memory.dmp file to a file sharing website and show a link here.

try installing Samsung Magician and see if it can see the ssd - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

Solution