Question New SSD but longer boot time

SpiralForce

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
After installing a new motherboard I swapped my Samsung Pro SSD for a Western Digital Blue SSD and installed a new copy of Windows 10 on it. Now for some reason after the mobo logo pops up my screen stays black for almost a minute and after I log on to windows everything is lagging for about 2 mins then everything runs like normal.

I've noticed on Task Manager my SSD where my OS is kept is at 100% after logging in then goes to 0% which means it's back to normal.

With my old build my boot time was at an instant and windows worked perfectly right after logging in

Any suggestions? Should I have kept my old SSD and just installed a new copy of Windows on it?

SpiralForce

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
Different SSDs have a tiny effect on overall boot time.

This is a software issue.

Where did your Win 10 install come from and how did you install it?
What are all the rest of the specs of this system?

My instal came from a USB Media Creation Tool from Windows

SSD WD Digital Blue 500 GB (OS is here)
HDD WD Black 4TB
M.2 WD Black 1TB
Motherboard Asus Z-690+
RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 32 GB
EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
CPU i5 12600k

The M.2 I removed along with my old HDD and SSD. After installing windows on the new SSD and enabling the new HDD I shut down the PC, reinstalled my M.2 (nothing but just games on it), booted the PC and formated the M.2 to reuse it for something else.

Last edited:
My instal came from a USB Media Creation Tool from Windows

SSD WD Digital Blue 500 GB (OS is here)
HDD WD Black 4TB
M.2 WD Black 1TB
Motherboard Asus Z-690+
RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 32 GB
EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
CPU i5 12600k

The M.2 I removed along with my old HDD and SSD. After installing windows on the new SSD and enabling the new HDD I shut down the PC, reinstalled my M.2 (nothing but just games on it), booted the PC and formated the M.2 to reuse it for something else.
Unplug the m.2 and the hdd.....any diff?

SpiralForce

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
New update! I unplugged my HDD and M.2, reinstalled windows using the media creation tool and now it works perfectly! For some reason there were 4 partitions but now there's 2! I reconnected my HDD and still fast boots!