[SOLVED] New SSD Causing Strange Problems

Dec 26, 2020
Current Specs
Motherboard: MSI MPG 2390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU: Intel i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 970
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB)
HDDs: Toshiba DT01ACA050 (Primary; 500GB) + WD WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 (Secondary; 1TB)
Old PSU: EVGA 650
New PSU: EVGA 1000 G+
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 (1TB; not installed)

I've been continually upgrading a PC over the years with better parts and my next project was grabbing a new GPU, power supply, and hard drive, in this case an RTX 30x0, an EVGA 1000 G+ PSU, and a WD Blue SN550. Seeing as 30x0s are impossible to grab right now, i only picked up the PSU and SSD. Last night, i installed both and plugged the computer in, only for the monitors to come up blank (i have two, one with DVI-D and one with HDMI). As far as i can tell, the computer wouldn't boot either, since i didn't have to hold in the power button for the PC to turn off. Suspecting the power supply, i put the old one, an EVGA 650, back in, only for it to not fix the problem. After more trial and error, it turns out the SSD is to blame, but why, i don't know. It's an NVME M.2 SSD, so it plugs right into the motherboard, but i dont know why it's causing a problem.

I've read multiple other threads about SSDs causing computers not to boot but nothing has solved this problem. The worst part is that i can't even get to the BIOS screen, either because the monitors say there's no input, or the thing won't boot at all. Taking out the SSD solves the problem, but i want to use the thing. Since i can't get to the BIOS, i can't reconfigure the boot order either, so i'm out of options that i can think of. Is the SSD just bad? Or am i doing something wrong? The thing didn't come with any instructions, and as far as i can tell, i should be able to just plug in the SSD, screw it down, and then format it in software i think, but plugging it in causes a dead end. I've put the old power supply back in and reseated the GPU, so the SSD is clearly the problem. Perhaps i just got a bad SSD, i don't know.