[SOLVED] new SSD cloned and deleted old ssd

Thegames YT

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017
I recently bought a new ssd and cloned my old ssd to it. I turned off the pc put the new ssd as new boot and disconnected the old ssd and the hdd to see if it would boot up with only the new ssd, which it did. So then i plugged the old ssd and hdd back and i wiped the old ssd from disk managment. Everything was fine until i restarted the pc and got 0xc00000e error code. I saw some youtube windows and installed windows installation media to follow the videos (told me to go to the cmd and write commands) nothing worked when i wrote the commands it said access denied. I tried reinstalling the windows while keeping the files it said it couldnt to that with the windows installation media from the flash drive. what do i do now?

by the way i cant get into the pc it wont let me. just into bios etc

Solution
I did the unplug everything bit and when i went to do the commands (in cmd) one of the commands bootrec /FixBoot it said access denied
"I recently bought a new ssd and cloned my old ssd to it. "

Cloning is great, when it works properly.
When it does not, the best and fastest fix is to start over, usually with a clean install.

You can't try the clone again, because you wiped out the original drive.

Thegames YT

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017
i read some youtube comments they said that only way is to reinstall windows and i have alot of important files in the pc located in the hdd. Is there a way to reinstall windows and keep the files etc if so how

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
You could try setting up a SATA port on your motherboard as hot pluggable in the BIOS. This allows you to connect your old HDD while the pc is running and be able to disconnect it like you would with a portable drive using "safely remove hardware" options.
This does rely on it booting properly in the first place though, so if the link above doesnt work for you then i'd just try another install.

USAFRet

Titan
I did the unplug everything bit and when i went to do the commands (in cmd) one of the commands bootrec /FixBoot it said access denied

When it does not, the best and fastest fix is to start over, usually with a clean install.

Solution

Thegames YT

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

so clean install should be pretty easy right? just use the flash drive but i dont want to files on the hdd to get deleted do i just unplug it or whats gonna happen to it when i reinstall

USAFRet

Titan
i have no problems with reinstalling the pc but i have old memories videos and pictures on the hdd and i dont want that to be deleted
Data on the other drives will NOT be affected, because those drives will be disconnected while you do this install on the new SSD.

Thegames YT

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017
Data on the other drives will NOT be affected, because those drives will be disconnected while you do this install on the new SSD.

so it dosent matter if i disconnect the hdd while downloading, it will be saved no matter what (i want to disconnect it anyways for safety)