New SSD Help

jrb363

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hello all! I'm moving over my Samsung 850 SSD with Windows 10 already installed from my old PC to a HP Slim computer that has Windows 10 but is on a slow 1TB traditional drive.

What I purchased: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-slim-desktop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-hp-finish-in-dark-black/6261170.p?skuId=6261170

The problem is the bios is telling me it doesn't recognize the drive as having an OS installed. It works fine in my old computer and the BIOS check returns no problems and it shows the drive as available...but missing the OS. (Windows 10, all updates installed)

Any ideas?

Solution
The hardware from the new PC would be totally foreign to the data/OS contained on the SSD. Likely a fresh install or repair required, not to mention the installation key for OS. Windows Boot Manager set to default? What happens with the 1TB disconnected all together?
The hardware from the new PC would be totally foreign to the data/OS contained on the SSD. Likely a fresh install or repair required, not to mention the installation key for OS. Windows Boot Manager set to default? What happens with the 1TB disconnected all together?

Solution