Question New SSD install boot locks, code A0

Dec 11, 2019
Hello all,

I've recently bought a chinese SSD from aliexpress, which I'm confused if it's a faulty piece or if I'm doing something wrong.
My PC has a Biostar B4550MH, I have the manual and even online it says it supports PCIe M.2 slot, I fit it on the spot for it on the mobo, turned it on and it got locked on boot screen with code A0, can't even enter BIOS, nor any other menus, my keyboard is also turned on with lit led.

I removed the new SSD and it turned on normally with code 99, I entered BIOS setup and changed some small stuff like deactivating fast boot, changing boot order to boot from usb with windows 10 installation, put new SSD back in to try again and got same results.

I would appreciate any advice on my current situation, the SSD is a 1TB KingSpec m2 pcie nvme, here's my build:

Motherboard: Biostar B450MH
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Ryzen Stealth
GPU: Geforce RTX 2060
RAM: HyperX V 1 stick 8gb RAM 2666mhz
Storage: Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB (x1), 120GB SSD A400 Kingston (x1)
PSU: Cooler Master MWE V2 650W, 80 plus

Last edited:
Is the drive SATA or PCIe? You need to change that in the BIOS, where in yours IDK but you need to be sure that the right interface is selected.

However, buying anything from Aliexpress is a gamble, counterfeits and just flat out scams are everywhere on their so you could have gotten a paperweight. Given the number of budget SSD's available (at least here in the US) there's no reason to try and nickel and dime it with aliexpress crap.

Dec 11, 2019
Is the drive SATA or PCIe? You need to change that in the BIOS, where in yours IDK but you need to be sure that the right interface is selected.

However, buying anything from Aliexpress is a gamble, counterfeits and just flat out scams are everywhere on their so you could have gotten a paperweight. Given the number of budget SSD's available (at least here in the US) there's no reason to try and nickel and dime it with aliexpress crap.

Thanks for the quick reply, it's a PCIe, I will look for that on my BIOS after work. I gambled alright, I live in Brazil and there's not really a lot of budget 1TB M2 SSDs to buy close by, which is unfortunate. Still, just wanna make sure and know if it's just my unfamiliarity with SSDs or if it's a faulty piece.

My main confusion is how it doesn't even let me go inside BIOS setup with the new SSD installed, ever heard of something like that?