[SOLVED] New SSD is recognized by motherboard but can't get past boot menu [solved]

Mar 7, 2021
I have bought a new SSD card, upgrading from a Western Digital 256GB to a Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive . This is a new SSD and just opened and I did not drop it. I used gloves as well for installation. My motherboard is the ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard. When I turn on my PC, the system recognizes the card but I cannot get past the boot menu. I made sure there was no combability issues. Any help in this would be great. I attached the screen on bootup.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Solution
Hi natisaway.

Let's start with how are the drives connected.

That 256GB is an M.2 right? It's installed in the first M.2_1?

The new SSD was installed in M.2_2?

And you have a 2TB HDD connected in what SATA port?

Is the OS installed on the 256GB SSD or the 2TB HDD? Because in your second picture the boot order #1 is your 2TB HDD.
Hi natisaway.

Is the OS installed on the 256GB SSD or the 2TB HDD? Because in your second picture the boot order #1 is your 2TB HDD.

Solution
Mar 7, 2021
Hi natisaway.

I was a dummy and didn't install windows onto the newest one. Got way too ahead of myself. The problem is fixed!